CarPlay/Android Auto & Carpe Iter TAB support

Yes that's right - you can now get ExplorOz Traveller in CarPlay & Android Auto - but only via a CarPlay AI box adapter. The AI box uses a USB connection to your headunit and is the perfect solution to this issue that many have been looking for.

The Carpe Iter TAB is a ruggedised tablet designed for the adventure motorcyclist and is designed in the Czech Republic but we have had a few app users request we look into support for this device.

These devices use different security authentication requirements so over the last couple of weeks we've done a lot of test versions to get 8.0.11 ready for public release. Some of you will have noticed we've skipped a lot of version numbers so that is why.

Michelle
David (DM) & Michelle (MM)
---------------------------------
Always working not enough travelling!

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 4 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Renaldostheold - Tuesday, Apr 25, 2023 at 09:00

Tuesday, Apr 25, 2023 at 09:00
I have Android Auto in car's built-in head unit and can connect my android phone via a usb. Is there something missising from this arrangement to make it work with ExlorOz. I note that apps like WAZE and Google Maps port to the head unit via Android Auto. I have 2020 VW Touareg with a large screen.
AnswerID: 643406

Follow Up By: ExplorOz - David & Michelle - Tuesday, Apr 25, 2023 at 11:39

Tuesday, Apr 25, 2023 at 11:39
Hi Renaldostheold ,

Directly connecting your phone to the Android Auto/Car Play head units only provides access to CarPlay/Android Auto apps. However, what we have been testing and have made work in an LC300 (vehicle type does not matter just stating a fact) is a Car Play AI unit. This is basically an Android device that can connect to Car Play/Android Auto and allows you to run any Android apps within the Car Play/Android auto system. As per our newsletter we have tested one being the AeroPro AMHXD3 (and have reports of another that is working but I do not have the details - it was being installed at an car audio place). The AMHXD3 unit comes with Hema software onboard so for this particular unit you are paying for the Hema licenses however the person that owned it thought that our app should work and he wanted our app vs Hema. We believe the updates we have done to the app will allow all of these types of units to work. There are a number of these available online (Search Car Play AI) and at various car audio places but at the moment we are not making any direct brand/model recommendations.

I was going to test out one of these CarPlay AI Box CarlinKit V3 Plus Box but I actually do not have a Car Play head unit in the car as we have an Android head unit. If someone has one of these or is keen to give it a go I am happy to provide what ever support is needed however I cannot guarantee this particular unit will work however I am fairly confident.

The best part of this I guess is that you plug in the app directly to the head unit USB port and it just boots up and you can move it from car to car. You can connect your phone and still use all the functions of the built in head unit. Hope this helps.

David
David (DM) & Michelle (MM)
---------------------------------
Always working not enough travelling!

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

FollowupID: 923047

Reply By: Member - Lout - Monday, May 01, 2023 at 11:30

Monday, May 01, 2023 at 11:30
I can confirm the Aerpro unit works with CarPlay and ExplorOz .
The only glitch I’m having is getting my audio books working at the same time but I’m certain that’s something I’m doing wrong.
AnswerID: 643466

Sponsored Links