Gembrook Yesterday

Submitted: Sunday, Jul 11, 2004 at 11:06
ThreadID: 14557 Views:1561 Replies:1 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Terracan Tim and myself (also in a Terracan) were joined yesterday by Mac (of Macandjen) at Gembrook. Had a spanker of a day. Did some mud (Tim's mad), some deep rutted climbs and descents and an interesting recovery (I won't rain on Tim's parade, he'll be posting about it as soon as he gets home from the airport I'm sure).

After only owning the Terracan for 5 weeks i am now happy to say they are the real deal in the medium duty sector. We did stuff yesterday that I had never planned to do but the Jerry Can just lapped it up. It's better than I ever expected it to be. Mac's got a GU with 2 inch lift kit and we managed to keep up with him, although it was harder going in the Jerrys. Those Patrols are an awesome beast in the bush.

Now looking ahead two weeks. As previously mentioned we are planning an overnighter Sat 24/7. Eric, Nino & Kerry and Bull have already said they are coming. Anyone else interested. We only really managed two tracks yesterday and look forward to trying the rest. It's a great spot, and so close to Melbourne.

Jim.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Sparkie (QLD) - Sunday, Jul 11, 2004 at 16:16

Sunday, Jul 11, 2004 at 16:16
Well done Jimbo.
I am glad you had a ripper of a time. We on the other hand had no mud and only rocky terrain to contend with. We went through some awesome scenery in Bulburin state forest. Not much in serious 4wding but 4 low came in handy down the fire trail.
it is a pity I live in Bundy as I would love the chance to really try out my Jackaroo in serious conditions. From the photos I have see I think you will get plenty of interested people who would like to be there.

Keep us posted

Sparkie(IE not Y) ;-)
AnswerID: 67327

Sponsored Links