Coming to a town near you !

Submitted: Wednesday, May 31, 2023 at 18:56
ThreadID: 145701 Views:1809 Replies:11 FollowUps:12
This Thread has been Archived
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Stephen L (Clare) SA - Wednesday, May 31, 2023 at 19:43

Wednesday, May 31, 2023 at 19:43
See if they want to come to South Australia now seeing the new laws passed today making South Australia having the toughest laws in Australia for those walkers.
Smile like a Crocodile

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 643720

Follow Up By: Member - McLaren3030 - Thursday, Jun 01, 2023 at 06:44

Thursday, Jun 01, 2023 at 06:44
Agree 100% with your sentiments Stephen, however the Courts then have to impose the penalty. Some judges seem not to be interested in applying the mandatory penalty.

Not one accused and convicted person has been gaoled for the mandatory 6 months for assaulting an emergency service worker in Victoria. The act was passed into law at least 4 years ago.

Macca.
Macca.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Position  Send Message

FollowupID: 923454

Follow Up By: Member - Outback Gazz - Thursday, Jun 01, 2023 at 12:24

Thursday, Jun 01, 2023 at 12:24
Stephen

Yes, have heard about that but haven't read exactly what penalties they are. Trouble is that 99 % of the perpetrators will never get caught coz the crime will be at 2.00 a.m. in the morning on cars that will be parked in the street and if they hear or see anyone they will just be up and on their way with no proof they did any wrong.

Then, if they were unlucky enough to get caught and eventually face a judge the same old same old happens - they give the standard sob story their father was a drug addict and their mother was a drunk and they got abused blah blah blah and the judge, who one would assume is a highly intelligent person believes this BS story and feels sorry for them ( and not the people who were the victims ) gives them a few stern words and minimal fine and sends them on their way to do it all again !!

It's no wonder this once great country has such a high crime rate !!

Cheers
Gazz
FollowupID: 923464

Follow Up By: Stephen L (Clare) SA - Thursday, Jun 01, 2023 at 19:56

Thursday, Jun 01, 2023 at 19:56
It’s not crime the new laws are aimed at Gazz, it’s those F ing protesters.

Fines jum from $750 up to $50,000 and up to 3 months jail.

Here is a Link to the new fines
Smile like a Crocodile

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 923469

Follow Up By: Member - Outback Gazz - Thursday, Jun 01, 2023 at 20:44

Thursday, Jun 01, 2023 at 20:44
" up to " and " up to " is where the problem lies !

You would have more chance of putting out the sun standing on Mt Kosciusko with a water pistol than any greenie protestor getting fined $50,000 or doing 3 months gaol !!

Cheers
Gazz

FollowupID: 923470

Reply By: qldcamper - Wednesday, May 31, 2023 at 19:50

Wednesday, May 31, 2023 at 19:50
Hope they have a good dental plan.
AnswerID: 643721

Reply By: Batt's - Wednesday, May 31, 2023 at 22:54

Wednesday, May 31, 2023 at 22:54
Good idea bright bunch of wally's setting themselves up by admitting to criminal activities by deliberately tampering with a motor vehicle it could cause the owner to crash pulling out into traffic or driving along the road it effects braking and handling etc etc if unaware the tyres are deflated depending how low they are and not noticeable straight away. Tyre damage some may need new tyres that is more pollution making tryes and acquiring products to make them. Recovery vehicle extra callouts more pollution so
seemingly harmless actions by idiots have lots of negative effects. They will be creating even more pollution pumping the tyres back up because of the electricity from coal fired power stations to run electric compressors some may even be petrol powered portable compressors they didn't put too much though into it. Then on the other side of the coin if they are caught by the owner they can't complain if things go pear shaped but they will and the laws we have in place are usually there for the benefit of the criminal not the victim.
AnswerID: 643722

Follow Up By: Member - McLaren3030 - Thursday, Jun 01, 2023 at 06:50

Thursday, Jun 01, 2023 at 06:50
Similar thinking went into the recent spate on protesters blocking intersections in Melbourne causing traffic to come to a standstill. Engines idling for up to an hour whilst their exhaust fumes continue to pollute the atmosphere. Some people would have reached their destination long before the protesters moved on if they had not blocked the intersection. Not to mention other drivers that then had to detour and take longer to reach their destination. Counter intuitive if you ask me.

Macca.
Macca.

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 923455

Follow Up By: Batt's - Thursday, Jun 01, 2023 at 08:58

Thursday, Jun 01, 2023 at 08:58
It would also be good if the protesters were up for all the extra cost they create like fuel and lost wagers getting to work late people missing important appointments they have be it medical or for a job or closings deals etc it can get very complex. Yrs ago they stopped unions having strikes on the spot they have to give notice and be organized or companies I believe can sue for losses. Protesters should have to register so those innocent caught up in it have some way of being compensated for any financial losses especially with the cost of living these days. I bet the protesters don't care much about who they disrupt and to what degree.
FollowupID: 923461

Reply By: Member - 2208mate - Thursday, Jun 01, 2023 at 00:25

Thursday, Jun 01, 2023 at 00:25
That's what free speech is, who would have thought?
AnswerID: 643724

Reply By: Member -Pinko (NSW) - Thursday, Jun 01, 2023 at 07:46

Thursday, Jun 01, 2023 at 07:46
If they are going to cease oil and gas what will toothbrushes be made from, duh!
Living is a journey,it depends on where you go !
VKS 737 mobile 0049 selcall 0049

AnswerID: 643726

Follow Up By: Kenell - Thursday, Jun 01, 2023 at 08:52

Thursday, Jun 01, 2023 at 08:52
These are not our brain surgeons apparently.

"Tyre Extinguishers has even released a pamphlet and stickers instructing budding saboteurs how to deflate a tyre."

Its a wonder they can dress themselves.

If we get to a point where toothbrushes become scarcer than a dunny role during a pandemic then call me. I have several woolly sheep who will happily donate a bit of fleece. You could then wrap it around your finger, whack some toothpaste on it and rub away.

Kenell
FollowupID: 923460

Follow Up By: Batt's - Thursday, Jun 01, 2023 at 09:32

Thursday, Jun 01, 2023 at 09:32
Not much thought goes into any of their protests it's like a horse wearing blinkers. Most of them would not have a replacement for any item they want removed from every day life plus 99% of them are hypocrites because everything they do in there daily lives generates pollution the same as the average joe. Like do they live in houses with electricity what form of transport do they use where do there clothes come from and food also ask them to hand in their mobile phones in they would call murder the list goes on and on. If they went the right way about it and practiced what they preached first in their own lives then slowly try to talk to people about alternatives then it would have a more positive impact. Most of them have no idea how to grow their own veggies let alone anything else. I've never been approach by a greenie, asked what have I done to help the planet and have never asked them the same but I did ask one maybe around 20yrs ago who was at one of there own display stands if they got paid to do there job. That person said full timers get around $500 a week but I didn't ask how much pollution was generated in the overall process of printing money that they happily accepted and where the stand and leaflets they had were made like I've always said hypocrites.
FollowupID: 923462

Follow Up By: Member -Pinko (NSW) - Thursday, Jun 01, 2023 at 10:39

Thursday, Jun 01, 2023 at 10:39
But where will the toothpaste tube come from?
Living is a journey,it depends on where you go !
VKS 737 mobile 0049 selcall 0049

FollowupID: 923463

Follow Up By: Batt's - Thursday, Jun 01, 2023 at 13:23

Thursday, Jun 01, 2023 at 13:23
Didn't you know they don't brush their teeth or shower.
FollowupID: 923465

Reply By: AlbyNSW - Thursday, Jun 01, 2023 at 09:36

Thursday, Jun 01, 2023 at 09:36
I think there is more air in these people’s head than there is in a tyre.

It is typical of these sort of clowns to think they are doing the right thing damaging other peoples property “ in the name of a good cause”

I am all for freedom of speech but you lose all credibility when you vandalise other people’s property, interfere with their livestock etc.
These people are generally anti everything in society except for the social welfare support system
AnswerID: 643727

Follow Up By: Member - McLaren3030 - Thursday, Jun 01, 2023 at 16:23

Thursday, Jun 01, 2023 at 16:23
Urban terrorists.

Macca.
Macca.

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 923466

Reply By: Batt's - Thursday, Jun 01, 2023 at 09:48

Thursday, Jun 01, 2023 at 09:48
I'm not totally against greenies just the brainless radicals. I'm from Newcastle, in the 90's they supposedly found heavy metal samples in the mud in the northern part of Lake Macquarie, Cockle creek which feeds into it. I believe it was coming from the Pasminco smelter at Boolaroo they bought it to everyone's attention that was a positive thing and the way they went about it. The colour of the water that use to flow out of Pasminco via a stream that went under a main road through a golf course into Cockle creek was pretty awful looking lots of people would remember it.
AnswerID: 643728

Reply By: Member Kerry W (Qld) - Thursday, Jun 01, 2023 at 15:44

Thursday, Jun 01, 2023 at 15:44
So these misguided souls think that stopping emissions will stop habitat loss, extinctions, longer droughts erosion and flooding?

The real culprit in Australia and most of the Northern Hemisphere is Deforestation and poor land management practices interferring with the water cycle and causing the desertification and denudation of these landscapes.

We cant stop emissions in China and most developing nations but at least if they had half a brain they might realise that what we can do something about is protecting what, natural waterways, forests and natural ecosystems we have left.

It seems the only people who get out and keep an eye on the bush and try to keep Australia beautiful and enjoy the very thing we have to curb desertification and climate change ie - Our Natural Environment - Are 4 Wheel Drivers.

These gullible city dwelling activists have no idea what goes on in the natural environment and how it has been decimated over the last 50 -200 years to provide their entitled lifestyles and consumerism.

Kerry W (Qld)
Security is mostly a superstition. It doesnt exist in nature. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.
-Helen Keller

Lifetime Member

AnswerID: 643729

Follow Up By: Zippo - Thursday, Jun 01, 2023 at 17:46

Thursday, Jun 01, 2023 at 17:46
"These gullible city dwelling activists have no idea" just about sums it up.
FollowupID: 923468

Reply By: Mikee5 - Friday, Jun 02, 2023 at 07:40

Friday, Jun 02, 2023 at 07:40
If the protesters had a full comprehension of the issue they are protesting against they would be picketing the Chinese embassy, Chinese car manufacturers etc. That is where the coal is being used.
AnswerID: 643733

Reply By: Member - Outback Gazz - Friday, Jun 02, 2023 at 08:16

Friday, Jun 02, 2023 at 08:16
Our governments biggest issue is shutting down our remaining 16 coal fired power stations which is the most reliable source of power we have here in Australia, so we can reduce our carbon emissions which happens to be only 1.1% of the worlds total while China producers 29% of the worlds total and has 1,100 plus coal powered stations and building one new station every week !

These brainless clowns should be doing their protesting in China out the front of Xi Jinping's office ! Unlike our gutless politicians he would sort them out faster than I can down a can a beer on a 40 degree day without the need of fines or gaol !!

Cheers
Gazz
AnswerID: 643734

Reply By: Member - Outback Gazz - Friday, Jun 02, 2023 at 08:35

Friday, Jun 02, 2023 at 08:35
Interesting
AnswerID: 643736

Sponsored Links