Lorella springs station in the Gulf???

Submitted: Sunday, Jul 11, 2004 at 21:53
ThreadID: 14575 Views:1909 Replies:3 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Hi all
Has anyone been to Lorella springs station in the gulf in the NT. I understand it is a private park of sorts and was looking for positive feedback before calling in there.
Hardy
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Wheelerdog - Monday, Jul 12, 2004 at 10:16

Monday, Jul 12, 2004 at 10:16
Lorella Springs on the Nathan River River Road ? If so when we were camped at the Limmen River Fishing camp last year we were talking to some grey nomads in offroad caravans who had camped there for a night and they reckoned it was a hole in the ground dust bowl with nothing there. I have not been there so not first hand. It would probbaly be OK for a night.

they stayed at limmen river camp for about 4 days and enjoyed it.
AnswerID: 67414

Reply By: Austravel - Monday, Jul 12, 2004 at 13:48

Monday, Jul 12, 2004 at 13:48
Hi,

Went past the station a couple of weeks ago. Very expensive if you want to go out to the "remote" fishing spot. From memory it was $30 per night plus $80 remote location fee plus $100 deposit for rubbish etc. Wollogarang was $25 plus the $100 if you brought all your rubbish back and didn't break any of their rules. Nice beach but since it's not policed you do get the odd DH. We had the campers from hell turn up beside us. 20 klm of beach to camp on and they decided to camp only 5 metres from us and out came the generators of which they then had to talk over. Heard every conversion, that is until their chain saws drowned out all noise. Nice place to go, not as good fishing as the Limmen, no ammenities and much dearer.
AnswerID: 67444

Reply By: Dazz78 - Monday, Jul 12, 2004 at 18:03

Monday, Jul 12, 2004 at 18:03
An uncle of mine returned from Lorella Springs about 6 weeks ago vowing never to return. On arrival at the "homestead" which turned out to be nothing more than a big tin shed he was greeted by the caretaker who inspected their vehicle and gave them extra wire rope for their winch and extra D shackles and sent them on their way for the final 70 klms to the fishing campsite. This was supposed to take about 2 hours but after this amount of time they had winched themselves out 3 times and only travelled 30 klms. He decided to turn around when he came to another bog hole that contained the remnants of tail lights from the previous vehicle, who he later heard were completely stuck further along the track. If you are basing your travel plans on the content of the Lorella Springs website I would reconsider, from all accounts it is it is nothing like the place.
AnswerID: 67478

Sponsored Links