Terracan Versus Nissan - the facts

Submitted: Monday, Jul 12, 2004 at 17:16
ThreadID: 14598 Views:2094 Replies:6 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
Okay, let's set the record straight!! Yes the Nissan did get stuck down the side of a hill, but this was because I was doing the recon for the tracks and the Terracans didn't follow me off the hard part of the track!! It did give me pause to think though - nothing like a walk down the track before you head off - if I hadn't stopped where I did and explored on foot first I think I'd still be there waiting for Elvis the sky crane to come and get me.

As to the broken sway bar - well I have to wear that one - still waiting to see if Nissan will cover that under warranty - been too busy to get it in there yet.

Had a great day and had no idea that Bunyip State Park had such a variety of different and challenging tracks - will definitely be going there again. Thanks Tim and Jim - sorry it took me so long to reply but have been flat out. Great photos on the web site too!!
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: joshinthecity - Monday, Jul 12, 2004 at 17:17

Monday, Jul 12, 2004 at 17:17
now that the facts are in, I'm not counting it.......

Josh.
AnswerID: 67470

Reply By: Lone Wolf - Monday, Jul 12, 2004 at 18:07

Monday, Jul 12, 2004 at 18:07
Bugger!!! I was just about to buy a Terracan.........

Cheers

Wolfie
AnswerID: 67479

Reply By: Truckster (Vic) - Monday, Jul 12, 2004 at 18:08

Monday, Jul 12, 2004 at 18:08
Bring the garbage can for a run with me then..
AnswerID: 67481

Reply By: hoyks - Monday, Jul 12, 2004 at 19:47

Monday, Jul 12, 2004 at 19:47
I got towed out by a Rav on the weekend, so it can happen to anyone...............or so I keep telling myself.
AnswerID: 67511

Reply By: Member - Sparkie (QLD) - Monday, Jul 12, 2004 at 20:11

Monday, Jul 12, 2004 at 20:11
I thought I felt a strong breeze before. Must have been Terracan tim's headswell being deflated!

I am glad you have had the patience to give the terracans the chance to get a huge headswell but I guess the party is over.I am amazed you waited as long as you did.
A few more days and I too would have considered trading in my Jackaroo on a Terracan.;-p

Sparkie(IE not Y) ;-)

AnswerID: 67517

Reply By: terracan tim - Tuesday, Jul 13, 2004 at 08:08

Tuesday, Jul 13, 2004 at 08:08
The facts are
1. Macks patrol was stuck
2. he choose to lead down the track as good 4x4 drivers we wait at the top to see if he got down all the way with out a problem thus only getting one vehicle stuck
3. If the terracan had been the lead vehicle it would have been just as stuck as the patrol without a doubt.

But at the end of the day the patrol still need the assistance of the terracan to get out even with 3 snatch straps and 2 chains to reach him as I new there was no way the terracan could pull him out once I went of the hard stuff patrol 2.5 ton being pulled up hill by a 2 ton terracan you do the maths

But at the end of the day the terracans went everywhere the patrol went just did it a little harder eg jimbo getting one of his wheels about 3feet of the ground at one stage going down a hill
AnswerID: 67552

Follow Up By: macandjen - Tuesday, Jul 13, 2004 at 10:01

Tuesday, Jul 13, 2004 at 10:01
You're right Tim. We had a great day and if nothing got broke (well with the exception of my sway bar) that just tops it off. We all had a good laugh and I had to explain the photo you sent to me to the wife - she had a good laugh too. Hope to do it again soon. Have a great weekend on the 24th. Mac
FollowupID: 328252

Follow Up By: Member - Sparkie (QLD) - Tuesday, Jul 13, 2004 at 10:17

Tuesday, Jul 13, 2004 at 10:17
Sorry Tim,
I must apologise as my post seemed a bit harsh.
I thought the terracan was a soft roader but I just looked at the website and it has more to it than meets the eye.

It has heaps of power, high and low range gears and 5 link coil suspension on the rear and decent fuel economy. 8-)

Sparkie(IE not Y) ;-)

FollowupID: 328253

Sponsored Links