OziExplorer or TrackRanger Software

Submitted: Thursday, Jul 11, 2002 at 00:00
ThreadID: 1467 Views:3496 Replies:3 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Hi all, I am in the market for GPS tracking software I found OziExplorer and TrackRanger available on the net, which is better.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: ExplorOz Team - David - Thursday, Jul 11, 2002 at 00:00

Thursday, Jul 11, 2002 at 00:00
Nick,From vast experience is GPS and mapping usage you cannot go past OziExplorer. Have a look at the GPS mapping feature we have done in the Hot Topics menu. We also have just completed a 4 week trip without carrying any paper maps and only relying on digital maps, gps and OziExplorer, these notes are being written now. Additionally at ExplorOz we are going to be soon producing trek gps routes and information targeted directly to OziExplorer users.Hope this all helpsDavid
AnswerID: 4807

Reply By: Steve - Friday, Sep 06, 2002 at 00:00

Friday, Sep 06, 2002 at 00:00
Hi Nick

TrackRanger is clearly the up and coming GPS navigation system. Despite its powerful features, it is quick to learn, and easy to use in a vehicle on the move.

It has features to allow you to measure distance, measure area, quickly mark and provide captions for locations on the maps, has search facilities, waypoint management etc etc.

It also directly imports the Auslig GeoData maps, has moving map software, auto recommend and load etc. Paper maps are a thing of the past.

AnswerID: 6415

Reply By: shunt - Tuesday, Sep 10, 2002 at 00:00

Tuesday, Sep 10, 2002 at 00:00
I have had Trackranger on my LP, But found if you move program folder in to a new folder or restoring hard drive you can up set register folders.
I have OziExplorer on my LP EXCELLENT !!!
AnswerID: 6514

Sponsored Links