TD5 Landrover Disco 2003

Submitted: Saturday, Jul 17, 2004 at 12:42
ThreadID: 14729 Views:1500 Replies:2 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Has anyone got any reports on how these 4wd perform or any complaints or faults would be great to get some feed back on em. Maybe looking at buying 1 the only complaint I have found after getting a sheet on them is that they have traction control, that use's the brake's. Does anyone know how to bypass this or turn that part off. As yet I have not test driven yet but will next Thursday.

Rossco
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Eric Experience. - Saturday, Jul 17, 2004 at 23:04

Saturday, Jul 17, 2004 at 23:04
Rossco.
The Disco is a good machine. there was a batch made without the centre diff lock, these are useless, the way you tell is to get under the vehicle and run your hand over the top of the transfer case, if you find a shaft sticking up with a flat on it and a thread on the end, about 12mm in diameter then its a good one, with the centre locked the traction control is very good. Eric.
AnswerID: 68205

Follow Up By: dizzy - Sunday, Aug 01, 2004 at 19:31

Sunday, Aug 01, 2004 at 19:31
Hi Rosco
Sorry for the delay flue & a few other problems
Been driving a 99 td5 for a while. The secret with the traction control is to keep a constant speed. NO FOOT BOUNCING HOT ROD STYLE! Experement with it most people think you can keep fluctuating the revs. that is where the are wrong.
The rig

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

FollowupID: 330992

Reply By: Member - John C (QLD) - Sunday, Jul 18, 2004 at 13:36

Sunday, Jul 18, 2004 at 13:36
Rossco

Have one of these.
So far so good, 28k.
Has CDL and performs well. ABS a bit skitty on bumps.
The auto lever dress cover shakes loose on corrugations.
Loves hills, floats along on the sand, gets a bit light on gravel - could be tryes.
Can only fit 50amp deep cycle batt under bonnet.
Stock suspension not the go.
Shifting to low/high range can be temperamental.
Can only fit 65 ltr aux fuel. Std is 95ltr.
Comfortable touring, good to drive.

John C

AnswerID: 68255

Sponsored Links