Best 4x4 Insurance

Submitted: Saturday, Jul 17, 2004 at 16:00
ThreadID: 14732 Views:5106 Replies:9 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Guys and Gals,

Does anyone have an Insurer that they would recommend for both price and service.

The insurer I use for my other car, a commodore, is Allianz and they will not insure my 80 Series LC with a diff locker in it. (This is using their web site.)

I have done a serch and have not found any recommendations as to which is the best of a bad bunch.


Tony N
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Lone Wolf - Saturday, Jul 17, 2004 at 16:12

Saturday, Jul 17, 2004 at 16:12
I . W . A . S . G . O . I . N. G. T. O. A. N. S. W. E. R. B. U. T. I. A. M. H. Y. P. N. O. T. I. S. E. D. B. Y. Y. O. U. R. R. I. G. P. I. C.
AnswerID: 68153

Reply By: Member - Stephen M (VIC) - Saturday, Jul 17, 2004 at 16:31

Saturday, Jul 17, 2004 at 16:31

i'm insured with GIO, very reasonable rates, $854.00 per year and good service without too many limitations on standard - lightly modified fourbees... worth checking into ..

AnswerID: 68154

Reply By: Coops (Pilbara) - Saturday, Jul 17, 2004 at 16:46

Saturday, Jul 17, 2004 at 16:46
Allianz wouldn't insure me because accessories totalled more than 10% of car value.
I went with Elders and they've been most accommodating. Provided you list everything accessory wise they'll cover you wherever and whenever (other than comps) which suits me just fine. Costs me about $500 pa after NCB.
Hope this helps
AnswerID: 68155

Reply By: Truckster (Vic) - Saturday, Jul 17, 2004 at 17:25

Saturday, Jul 17, 2004 at 17:25
Try searchin the archives, there would be about 15000 threads on insurance.
AnswerID: 68162

Reply By: ianmc - Saturday, Jul 17, 2004 at 18:03

Saturday, Jul 17, 2004 at 18:03
Been with GIO for a few years. No claims so havent tested them but they accept my
P plate son & premium on lightly modded 91 Triton ute is $280, dearer than last year. Yeah I know, you all have $50k plus tubs that depreciate more each year than
my ute is worth but it runs like new & repairs are less than dep. on newbies.
AnswerID: 68164

Reply By: Brew69(SA) - Saturday, Jul 17, 2004 at 20:59

Saturday, Jul 17, 2004 at 20:59
I use CGU......but always read your policy mate cos there are so many different types around. We pay $420 a year with windscreen cover, and you can pay monthly with no penalty. Try getting a broker to get a good price for you. Every year a shop around again just to see what is available.
AnswerID: 68193

Reply By: V8Diesel - Saturday, Jul 17, 2004 at 23:59

Saturday, Jul 17, 2004 at 23:59
Check out Wesfarmers Federation Insurance. Coverage absolutely anywhere in Australia and good rates. Read the fine print carefully because some do not offer coverage on non-gazetted roads, beaches etc. Also check for animal damage cover.
AnswerID: 68212

Reply By: Member - Kim (mr) - Sunday, Jul 18, 2004 at 08:18

Sunday, Jul 18, 2004 at 08:18
G'day Tony,

We go throug a broker who has put us with CGU we pay by the month with no penilty,we have about $15,000 of after market stuff listed on the policy as well as windscreen cover and we pay $360 p/a. (3lt 00 gu patrol)
AnswerID: 68227

Reply By: Member - NewMan (VIC) - Monday, Jul 19, 2004 at 09:22

Monday, Jul 19, 2004 at 09:22
I have just gotten Insurance from Budget Insurance over the Internet and they sound great.

I have complete cover including over $8000 of accessories and they state that they will cover me off road as long as I am doing something that the manufacturer states the vehicle is capable of.

So if I am going up a steep hill, as long as this angle is not outside the manufacture stated specs and I happen to bend the vehicle then they will cover me.

To make matters even better my premium was $410 for full coverage. To get this great premium I had to increase the excess to $950 and have a over 40 year old stipulation, but I and my wife are both over 40 so no problem.

I also thought that the reduction on the premium would pay for itself based on the fact that during the past 20 years of driving I have only had one accident so a saving of $100 per year would cover the extra $550 very quickly.

Thanks for everyone's help and suggestions.
AnswerID: 68386

Sponsored Links

Popular Products (9)