DJI Mini 3 with RC Controller

Submitted: Thursday, Apr 04, 2024 at 13:57
ThreadID: 147426 Views:678 Replies:3 FollowUps:3
Hi All.
May I ask if anyone has a DJI drone with the RC Controller.
The reason I ask is because I have just joined the DJI forum and found posts from an Aussie who claims the required 30 day network logins required to keep using the drone fully are causing issues. Unfortunately he is locked in a petty argument with someone who appears to be a red neck yank. So no help there.

Can I ask those of you with a DJI and the RC controller whether or not there are any issues if you can't login every 30 days as I've been told.
Many thanks for your help
I don't normally join a forum and ask questions straight away but we are heading bush in a few weeks for the winter so would appreciate knowing the facts.
Cheers
Grant
Back Reply Expand Un-Read 2 Moderator

Reply By: Stephen L (Clare) SA - Thursday, Apr 04, 2024 at 14:11

Thursday, Apr 04, 2024 at 14:11
Not true Grant.

Love the RC Controller, great clear screen, no longer having to hook up iPad min.

If he had to login every 30 days, there must have either been a problem or he was logging off all the time.
Smile like a Crocodile

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 645610

Follow Up By: GrantleyB - Thursday, Apr 04, 2024 at 14:23

Thursday, Apr 04, 2024 at 14:23
Thanks for the reply Stephen
Much appreciate it.
From what I understand it is a fairly new upgrade to the Flysafe app which requires the drone to log in every 30 days. Normally it just happens. However, if it doesn't then it logs out and you have to log back in. Once it logs out I think you are limited to about 20 metres height and 50metres distance.
As I said, this seems to be the case and I am trying to clarify it before I go - if possible.
Again many thanks for responding.

I really hope you are correct.

Cheers
FollowupID: 925902

Reply By: Member - wicket - Thursday, Apr 04, 2024 at 14:48

Thursday, Apr 04, 2024 at 14:48
Just so long as you know the rules, so many ratbags out there.

https://www.casa.gov.au/knowyourdrone/drone-rules
AnswerID: 645612

Follow Up By: GrantleyB - Thursday, Apr 04, 2024 at 14:54

Thursday, Apr 04, 2024 at 14:54
I agree and think the app is a very good idea. Far too many don't know or just don't care about the simple rules. Many times I have told people they are in a restricted area to be told "**** you". Hopefully the Geofence will limit them.
If the suggested restriction is true then we will be blocked from using the drone out bush unless there is network coverage. An area where there should be no restrictions at all. This is another matter.
FollowupID: 925905

Reply By: Member - Howard P (WA) - Thursday, Apr 04, 2024 at 19:26

Thursday, Apr 04, 2024 at 19:26
Hi, I have the DJI Air 2S and the RC pro controller and have experienced this very problem whilst travelling the Savannah Way and other outback areas without internet connections. The controller logs you out after a period of time and it will only fly 30m height & 50m distance. I did some research and the only thing I found was that if you turn the Wifi off after logging in it will take longer for it to log you off (not too sure about this though)
I made contact with DJI Aus and they advised me that the reason for this log in, log out is if someone steals it they can't log back in to use it! and they say it will stay logged in for 2 weeks, however I have been logged in for nearly a month now and all is good.
What I ended up doing was to log off and back on again when I had internet then turn Wifi off just prior to heading bush.
Cheers
Howard
AnswerID: 645615

Follow Up By: GrantleyB - Thursday, Apr 04, 2024 at 20:28

Thursday, Apr 04, 2024 at 20:28
Thanks Howard
That is the general plan for our trip. I estimate that we could be out of a network area for quite some time. It seems that it is an issue. It does not make sense as the rcn1 unit does not have it _ apparently.
Will try your suggestion
Thanks
FollowupID: 925912

Sponsored Links