exploroz traveller update

Opened the app, says a new version of traveller available 8.6.2, am running 8.3.2.
Am running a rooted version of Samsung 10" tablet, sm-TM520 running android 7 and app store claims i cannot load the update!
Does this mean the end of Android 7 and older tablets?
Back Reply Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: ExplorOz - David & Michelle - Tuesday, Apr 09, 2024 at 12:25

Tuesday, Apr 09, 2024 at 12:25
Yes correct the current version of Traveller is not compatible with devices running Android 7 and has been this way since late 2023.
David (DM) & Michelle (MM)
---------------------------------
Always working not enough travelling!

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 645635

Reply By: Roger B10 - Wednesday, Apr 10, 2024 at 20:12

Wednesday, Apr 10, 2024 at 20:12
Well here we go, went out and purchased a new tab9+ ($479). Have spent 4 hours on how to transfer Exploroz from the rooted TM-520 android 7 to the new tablet android 13 (?)
Have come to the conclusion that it ain't going to happen
Reason why, if i go to down loading a transferring app the old tablet will not accept it, similar to the upgrade of eploroz. secondly if i try to transfer via windows i have to add a new syncing app, wont accept it, and finally tried to transfer by internal card, no go
At this point i am open to suggestions, but think the simplest would be to down load again from app store, pay the money and get reimbursed
signed Frustrated Male
AnswerID: 645643

Follow Up By: Bob Y. - Qld - Thursday, Apr 11, 2024 at 05:42

Thursday, Apr 11, 2024 at 05:42
If you log into App Store using same details as you did with old tablet, you shouldn’t need to pay again.
Traveller will download to multiple devices, as long as they are all same operating system ie: Android. If you’d have bought an iPad, then you would have to pay again.

Bob

Seen it all, Done it all.
Can't remember most of it.

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 925977

Follow Up By: Member - McLaren3030 - Thursday, Apr 11, 2024 at 06:30

Thursday, Apr 11, 2024 at 06:30
Hi Roger,

Whilst there are knowledgeable people on here that will point you in the right direction, any time you a difficulty with anything to do with the Traveller App, the best path forward is to log a request on the help desk. David and Michelle designed and built the app, they are in the best position to assist you.

Regards, Macca.
Macca.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Position  Send Message

FollowupID: 925978

Follow Up By: ExplorOz - David & Michelle - Thursday, Apr 11, 2024 at 10:59

Thursday, Apr 11, 2024 at 10:59
Roger - sorry to say but all you do is open the Playstore on the new device - search ExplorOz Traveller and download it directly from the store to your device. This is how all apps works - the purchase you made originally with your Google account is a licence for unlimited downloads. App store distribution makes it all so simple (well thats the theory).
David (DM) & Michelle (MM)
---------------------------------
Always working not enough travelling!

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 925982

Sponsored Links