Rubbish at "The Tip"

Submitted: Sunday, Jul 18, 2004 at 08:10
ThreadID: 14750 Views:1766 Replies:4 FollowUps:3
This Thread has been Archived
Having just returned from Cape York it was really sad to see so much rubbish in the parking area at The Tip. The bins were full and overflowing and no one had collected anything for weeks. With a levy of $88 to get into the place they should be able to employ/conytact a garbage truck.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Jim-Bob - Sunday, Jul 18, 2004 at 09:18

Sunday, Jul 18, 2004 at 09:18
G'day trevor.
We were up there this time last year and from what we were told by friends who had stayed at Pajinka we were disapointed to see the state of disrepair it was in.
"They" love to take money but dont like doing much for it, have they started the renovations yet as per the sign.
As far as the rubbish is concerned it doesnt take much commonsense to figure out that if the garbage bins are full then you take your rubbish with tou.
Safe travels
Jim-Bob
AnswerID: 68234

Follow Up By: Member - Trevor - Sunday, Jul 18, 2004 at 20:00

Sunday, Jul 18, 2004 at 20:00
No renovations nor any word of them. The site would be worth a fortune in business. Trev
FollowupID: 328901

Reply By: Lone Wolf - Sunday, Jul 18, 2004 at 10:51

Sunday, Jul 18, 2004 at 10:51
I reckon the one that takes the cake is the group who waited for hours at the Jardine Fery. Sounded horns, etc. etc....

One of the guys waded across, started the ferry, brought it across, loaded up the crew, and crossed. No-one was to be seen anywhere, all gone........

On the way back, they boarded the Ferry, and were told that they still had to pay for the first ride over!

Gotta wonder.........

AnswerID: 68237

Follow Up By: Member - Trevor - Sunday, Jul 18, 2004 at 20:01

Sunday, Jul 18, 2004 at 20:01
I've heard that one - other part of the story goes "there was a funeral on"
FollowupID: 328902

Reply By: Baz (NSW) - Sunday, Jul 18, 2004 at 16:03

Sunday, Jul 18, 2004 at 16:03
How did the beast go Trev, sadly a lot of populer places are like this.

Baz.
AnswerID: 68274

Follow Up By: Member - Trevor - Sunday, Jul 18, 2004 at 20:10

Sunday, Jul 18, 2004 at 20:10
Hi Baz - I was really pleased. We didn't do anything silly and try and drag the skirts off as I can get the 4WD tractor out and drive up and down my creeks. For the whole trip we had water on the bonnet about 8 times. It went everywhere I pointed it. Had one flat fixed in Cooktown. The extra deep cycle battery was useless. Cleaned the air filter out at the top. Picked up a stone about 30mm from the outside of the screen just outside Coen on the way back and watched the crack expand across the screen for the next couple of days. Did about 9500 km in the three weeks and averaged 13 litres per 100 km. We've done the Simpson and Googs Track and the Explored really goes well in sand. Now I'm back I'm taking it to the estern suburbs of Sydney to sell it as a a staus symbol, a really dirty 4WD should bring a fortune up there!
Regards,
Trev
FollowupID: 328904

Reply By: Jeff (Beddo) - Sunday, Jul 18, 2004 at 19:27

Sunday, Jul 18, 2004 at 19:27
Two years ago now we did not see much rubbish at the tip itself, but along the Old Telegraph Line track we did, people had crapped verywhere and left loo paper on the surface or just under; also rubbish on surface and buried - anyway result was the pigs dug everything up and it was all on the surface. All rubbish should be taken with you and all loo paper should be burnt if you ask me. But yep you pay good money and where does it go. We got to the ferry at 5 past 5 so the ferry was closed for the night, Servo told us no more ferry till tomorrow, so we pitched the tent, an hour later the ferry starts up to take a few locals across. Anyway with the rubbish bit I think the money could also go to some signs near the start of the OTL stating general rules about taking rubbish with you and the does and don'ts etc.
AnswerID: 68298

Sponsored Links