93 Pajero NJ GLS VS 93 Pathfinder Ti

Submitted: Tuesday, Jul 20, 2004 at 09:44
ThreadID: 14833 Views:4396 Replies:2 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
I wish to purchase my first 4wd with a straight swap on my car. 2 dealers have given me the choice of a 93 Pajero NJ GLS (200k km) and a 93 Pathfinder Ti (200k) I am not sure which one. Most of my driving will be around sub Melbourne.

As I am new to all this I have read numerous posts on tips etc etc and it only gets me more interested. I thought this would be the best place to help my decision.

I am thinking a planning a trip to the Eyre Pen, and have read from camping books I have etc that there are a lot of campsites on the beach however only accessed via beach driving. I entend to do a 4wd course before I go. I would also like to do more trips in the future espec around Vic and its high country and the red centre etc.

Does anybody have an opionion on what would be the better vehicle under my circumstances at this stage?

Thanks

Dicko
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Truckster (Vic) - Tuesday, Jul 20, 2004 at 10:52

Tuesday, Jul 20, 2004 at 10:52
Both cars will do the truip, it just depends on which you like, and how much space you require.

www.redbook.com.au and see what the values are on both, wha sort of $ they talking?

Have you driven both?

Do you like one over the other?

More accessories available for Paj second hand, if thats a concern..

Paj will have more space than the other, is that an issue?

Highcountry - that would depend on where and how much you want to get away.

I've seen some real pox 4wds around up there (Rockstas etc) tryign to go places they really werent designed for, also seen a HT Kingswood, and a VB Commodore at Craigs Hut!

Go and drive both, it may answer it for you
AnswerID: 68604

Follow Up By: Dicko79 - Tuesday, Jul 20, 2004 at 13:22

Tuesday, Jul 20, 2004 at 13:22
Thanks Truckster,

No i haven't test driven them yet. You have seem to help me answer my question. Being 25 and not knowing what is round the corner maybe the extra room will come in handy. lol

More accessories is a bit of a concern and spare parts etc are to.
FollowupID: 329160

Reply By: Member Eric - Tuesday, Jul 20, 2004 at 17:57

Tuesday, Jul 20, 2004 at 17:57
Dicko . You get the best one. Eg : best condition , best service records ect , Also you didnt mention what you were swaping for , + are they paying on road costs ?

I work as a wholesaler in Melbourne , give me a call on 0418364781 and ill try and advise as best i can
AnswerID: 68690

Follow Up By: Dicko79 - Thursday, Jul 22, 2004 at 08:36

Thursday, Jul 22, 2004 at 08:36
Thanks Eric.

I am a bit ill at the moment, I will give you a call when I am able to speak again. lol

For reference my car is a mazda mx-6 1993 140k kms
FollowupID: 329408

Sponsored Links