Fraser Range Road

Submitted: Saturday, Jul 24, 2004 at 20:15
ThreadID: 14971 Views:1442 Replies:1 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
For any one that is interested the Fraser Range road that passes through the dundas Nature Reserve about 80 k east of Norseman has been cleared all the way down to Logans road where it turns east and heads to the highway and comes out near Salmon Gums. It can be followed south from this point and will take you to mt ridley but the condition deteriates as it hasnt been graded. If anyone is bored the route allowas you to get to Esperance from the East without passing through Norseman
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: motherhen - Sunday, Jul 25, 2004 at 16:16

Sunday, Jul 25, 2004 at 16:16
I wasn't aware of this road - not on regular maps? Suitable for caravans (off road - height and width would restrict)? Much slower than the highway through Norseman?
AnswerID: 69535

Follow Up By: Davoe - Sunday, Jul 25, 2004 at 18:26

Sunday, Jul 25, 2004 at 18:26
probably could get a caravan down it at the moment but i wouldnt recomend it. It is called a road but is actually a track and until recently was smothered in deadfall. Which if it was like the tracks going off of it would make it very slow tedious and damaging. It would definitly be much slowere than the highway as it could not have more twists and bends in it - one way then the other and back again its only atraction would be for those that have an aversion to bitumen and enjoy total solitude as we spent 3 weeks in the area and saw or heard noone. the southern end is more scenic as large parts of the Northern end have been burnt out. It should be shown on decent maps and is certainly shown on the QPA series or (as I prefer) the norseman and esperance 250,000 topo maps
FollowupID: 329853

Sponsored Links