Cost of plugging in your laptop at Telecentre

Submitted: Sunday, Jul 25, 2004 at 16:01
ThreadID: 14991 Views:1452 Replies:1 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Now our local Telecentre has put in an extra phone line so travellers to Bridgetown (listed as “probably the most attractive town in the South-West” in “Australian Road Trips 3rd edition”) can plug in their laptops - what do you expect to pay, or have you been paying for similar services? Does you ISP have “cost of a local call” dial in?
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Rob! - Monday, Jul 26, 2004 at 10:06

Monday, Jul 26, 2004 at 10:06
Not sure about Bridgetown but Brisbane has a simmilar thing in the Queen street mall. It is free. You do need to have a wireless connection though. You just sit anywhere you like in the mall and away you go.

R.
AnswerID: 69689

Follow Up By: Utemad - Monday, Jul 26, 2004 at 14:00

Monday, Jul 26, 2004 at 14:00
I was at the Brissy International airport the other day and had heard thet they had wireless in there so I tried it out.

I picked up a bunch of signals from Telstra and Optus. Problem is you have to pay for it there. Telstra charged about $10/hour and optus a bit more plus Optus had a $13 or so sign up fee.

Pretty bloody expensive way to check your email. Would be cheaper to join one of those airport clubs that have free internet access inside them.

I think that Telstra was offering a one off "free hour" if you gave them your mobile number though.

Utemad
FollowupID: 329948

Sponsored Links