OziExplorer settings to show GPS speed on Laptop

Submitted: Sunday, Jul 25, 2004 at 17:58
ThreadID: 14996 Views:2117 Replies:4 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
I use a Garmin GPS 76 in conjunction with a Laptop when travelling the Murray River on a houseboat. It gives excellent detail regarding upcoming backwaters, ruins, etc etc.
I would like to know how to set OziExplorer so that the speed shown on the GPS also shows on the Laptop.

Thanks everyone,
Dave
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Big Kidz (Andrew & Jen) - Sunday, Jul 25, 2004 at 18:56

Sunday, Jul 25, 2004 at 18:56
Under the Moving Map menu at the top of the screen, the first option is Moving Map control. Clicking this brings up a box which displays Altitude and Speed and Direction etc.

Andrew
AnswerID: 69563

Reply By: Greg Harewood - Sunday, Jul 25, 2004 at 19:02

Sunday, Jul 25, 2004 at 19:02
And if you want to get really "serious" try this add on which has a host of additional features to long to list here (havent actually tried it myself).........

Travel Mate

Cheers
Greg
I sent one final shout after him to stick to the track, to which he replied “All right,” That was the last ever seen of Gibson - E Giles 23 April 1874

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 69565

Reply By: V8troopie - Sunday, Jul 25, 2004 at 23:33

Sunday, Jul 25, 2004 at 23:33
Dave, could you tell me which electronic map or chart you used on the Murray? I cruised the lower 150km recently on my (sail) boat and could have used some better charts to plot my progress on the laptop.
thanks,
Klaus
AnswerID: 69652

Follow Up By: Dave - Monday, Jul 26, 2004 at 13:45

Monday, Jul 26, 2004 at 13:45
Hi Klaus,

On the Murray I use the Riverland Topo map. It covers from just below Murray Bridge to the Victorian Border. The Raster maps are 250,000/1 whereas the Topo maps are 50,000/1 I think. The Riverland Topo map fills one CD.
If you live in S.A. let me know how to get in touch & I will point you in the right direction to get one. I can also send you a jpeg of what the Topo map looks like on the Laptop screen.
What type of sail boat did you use for the trip?

Dave
FollowupID: 329944

Reply By: V8troopie - Monday, Jul 26, 2004 at 23:42

Monday, Jul 26, 2004 at 23:42
thanks Dave, I live in Perth, WA. 3 traileable sailboats towed over at Easter to Clayton where we based ourselfs for the Murray river cruise. We went up to km 180 and also down to the mouth as close as we were allowed to.
My boat is a home built 26' cat ketch, the masts had to come down just before Murray bridge and I contiued upriver with them horizontal.
I would appreciate if you could pass on the source of your riverland tropo maps, I still have the saved GPS tracks and could re-plot them. The jpeg you mention also sounds interesting to have a look at.
My home email: klausnatiprimus.com.au (replace the 'at' with the symbol@) - have to be careful to avoid automatic spam address harvesting.
Klaus
AnswerID: 69816

Sponsored Links