All right people better pack this laptop up before hubby goes troppo

Submitted: Sunday, Jul 25, 2004 at 23:43
ThreadID: 15016 Views:1423 Replies:2 FollowUps:3
This Thread has been Archived
Well my laptop comes aloing with us on our tour of Aust. So I will keep U informed about our trip. Trying really hard to work out how to dial up with my IR mobile but i guess I can read up on this whilst on the road. I wil figure it out. Got 20 mins free talk time on the mobile between 6-7pm with Telstra so thats when we will say hello. bye bye see ya's on the road. Order stickers are being sent to us on the road, so look out for us. Have fun..................:)
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Dale & Meaghan - Monday, Jul 26, 2004 at 19:18

Monday, Jul 26, 2004 at 19:18
Waltzing Matilda

We are travelling soon and are looking at our options for contact back home and my wife wants to keep up her undergraduate studies while on the road. Could you please pass on any info for laptop connection you may have. We have wireless connectivity which allows us to connect at hotspots, but may be limiting due to the restricted locations (eg. only capital cities).

We are also looking at CDMA 1X but that also has restrictions due to geographic areas being limited.

I realise that it may be costly for you to reply so maybe someone with a landline connection, and experience in this area, could give us some info.

Cheers

Dale & Meaghan
AnswerID: 69753

Follow Up By: Puddin & Gumnut (Sydney) - Monday, Jul 26, 2004 at 19:44

Monday, Jul 26, 2004 at 19:44
All those options are slow & not cheap. Better to use internet cafe's when you find one , even Innaminka has one.
FollowupID: 329989

Follow Up By: Waltzing Matilda - Wednesday, Aug 04, 2004 at 14:25

Wednesday, Aug 04, 2004 at 14:25
Esperence has a shop you can plug a land line into & you can use your laptop
FollowupID: 331469

Reply By: Bill n Di - Monday, Jul 26, 2004 at 21:44

Monday, Jul 26, 2004 at 21:44
I'd really like any tips too on using email and internet.

Keep us posted - and have a great trip - we're off in Sept!

Dian
AnswerID: 69787

Follow Up By: Dale & Meaghan - Tuesday, Jul 27, 2004 at 07:34

Tuesday, Jul 27, 2004 at 07:34
At the moment, it seems that the CDMA 1X may be the only option for us. Unfortunately internet cafes are out due to the need to download some info from Uni website directly onto laptop. The CDMA smartcard (I believe that's what it's called) slots into my laptop which then allows me to connect to the internet. I'll be trialling it at home first as I'd hate to get out on the road and find it doesn't work.

Has anyone else tried CDMA 1X on their travels? Either by phone or plug-in card for laptop? We'd be interested to know.

Cheers

Meaghan & Dale
FollowupID: 330055

Sponsored Links