Narva Ultima Blue

Submitted: Monday, Jul 26, 2004 at 08:43
ThreadID: 15020 Views:2109 Replies:3 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Has anyone seen or used these new blue Narvas
?

I acknowledge that they are not Hella/IPF/Lightforce/etc units, but I am curious at to whether anyone has had any experience with them and whether they deliver the "whiter" light that Narva claims.

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Utemad - Monday, Jul 26, 2004 at 11:31

Monday, Jul 26, 2004 at 11:31
Search for Post: 10840

I know that this has been discussed before but couldn't find the thread I was thinking of but this is OK too. We have the IPF bulb upgrades with the loom (but not the actual headlight upgrade) in our work utes and the difference in light is astounding over standard. I think the general consensus was the Narva ones aren't worth the money. I could be wrong though.

The IPF ones were about $40/bulb plus the loom. Not sure on the cost of the loom and fitting but if it was for my car I would have made the loom and fitted it myself. You only need some cable, connectors, relays and fuse holders. You sould be able to get the bulbs and homemade loom for little more than $100.

Well worth it IMHO.

Utemad
AnswerID: 69698

Follow Up By: Savvas - Monday, Jul 26, 2004 at 13:25

Monday, Jul 26, 2004 at 13:25
These aren't bulbs, they are driving lights with blue lenses that apparently conform with ADRs.

I'm not about to go and buy a set, but am curious to see if they are worthwhile.
FollowupID: 329942

Reply By: Member - Jack - Monday, Jul 26, 2004 at 15:36

Monday, Jul 26, 2004 at 15:36
I have a set fitted to my 80 Series, and they work fine for me. I realise they are not Lightforce (or whatever), but I don't need to see 500 kms in front of me. On occasions where I have needed them I found them quite good. Price was also good. One thing is certain - the light is *very* white.

Jack
The hurrieder I go, the behinder I get. (Lewis Carroll-Alice In Wonderland)

My Profile  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 69717

Reply By: REX.....(Adelaide) - Monday, Jul 26, 2004 at 21:07

Monday, Jul 26, 2004 at 21:07
i also have the navara blue driving light they give out a crisp white light ive also had light force, id rather the navara cheaper and better light
i have the navarta head light globes also, still waiting for them to come out in 100 watt..
AnswerID: 69775

Sponsored Links