a question for Mrs Al....

Submitted: Tuesday, Jul 27, 2004 at 18:49
ThreadID: 15066 Views:1838 Replies:3 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Hi...

i know you have a Magellan meridian and the last time we spoke you were making a special mounting bracket for it to fit in the cruiser..... did you finish it and how does it work ?? ... i have 2 Magellan brackets, 1 for the windscreen (suction cups) and the swivel mount for the dash .... trouble is that neither of them will allow enough movement for me to mount it anywhere ... so any advice would be appreciated..

steve
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: pjd - Tuesday, Jul 27, 2004 at 20:19

Tuesday, Jul 27, 2004 at 20:19
use the swivel mount but stick it to the windscreen with double sided tape & if you position it rite you will have plenty of movement for driver & passenger to see it [use good 3m tape]
AnswerID: 69949

Follow Up By: Bonz (Vic) - Tuesday, Jul 27, 2004 at 22:02

Tuesday, Jul 27, 2004 at 22:02
thats what I do, but you have to use the good tape 3M stuff
Time is an illusion produced by the passage of history

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

FollowupID: 330195

Reply By: Al & Mrs Al (Vic) - Tuesday, Jul 27, 2004 at 21:26

Tuesday, Jul 27, 2004 at 21:26
Hi Steve,

yep Al's made the mount for it...I did have some photos but I can't locate them...basically Al can make a bracket to suit any vehicle which comes up from under the console, but is not intrusive and can be removed easily......it slots in - my description is really clumsy...as you can tell I'm not the technical one..but if you'd like to know more email me....click on the rig pic and you'll get the email addy....I'm happy to take some pics and email them to you if you're interested..

cheers

Lyn
AnswerID: 69971

Reply By: Member - Ivan (ACT) - Tuesday, Jul 27, 2004 at 22:28

Tuesday, Jul 27, 2004 at 22:28
I have a Meriplat mounted.... I never tried the suction cups - they don't look strong or stable enough.. I did have the swivel mount for the dash, but it was just mounted way too high..

I took the bottom off the swivel mount and ground the back of the mount flat.

Then I bought some of that 'mount anything anywhere' plate (about 300 mm long, 70mm wide, with holes in lots of convenient places), bent the end of it at right angles (almost), and araldyted the mount to the short end of the mounting plate..

Next, I was able to slip the loong end of the mounting plate in through a join in the dash, and tech screwed it to some of the hard plastic assembly behind the dash.

I'm sure that is at least 'mildly' confusing, but hope you get the idea ;-) I don't have photo's, but happy to take some in the next day or two.

The result is excellent, and I have a stable mount, perfectly positioned (about 10 o'clock right next to the steering wheel).
Cheers,

Ivan
2008 D4D Prado

My Profile  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 69983

Sponsored Links