Bridgestone AT's 691's

Submitted: Wednesday, Jul 28, 2004 at 18:02
ThreadID: 15093 Views:2592 Replies:3 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Wouldn't you know it.....if you need it it's not there to be had. I have two new 255/70/15 LT 691 Bridgestone tyres on the rear but need to replace the front two in order to satisfy a roadworthy. Had hoped to have had two delivered from Adelaide by now...a weeks wait already...but just been told another week to wait until delivery! Apparently there are none in Victoria to be had and the prospective owner understandably wants to keep the set matched. He also want to take delivery.

Whilst this is a long shot I would be relieved if anyone has or knows of a new tyre or two for sale in Melbourne, and wants to dispose of them, to contact me. I am advised that they are no longer manufactured. Thanks in anticipation.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Dave from Fraser Coast 4WD Club - Wednesday, Jul 28, 2004 at 20:46

Wednesday, Jul 28, 2004 at 20:46
I don't have any, but just wanted to wish you luck.

It's been a few years since they replaced the 691.

(we have them on the tandem trailer at work however, and we got them secondhand about 4 years ago!!)
AnswerID: 70110

Reply By: Truckster (Vic) - Thursday, Jul 29, 2004 at 13:09

Thursday, Jul 29, 2004 at 13:09
I would be ensuring they are ordering the correct tire.

If its the matter of selling the car, work out a deal with buyer to replace them all. Say they arent available anymore.... Sell the old tires as spares, or trailer tires.
AnswerID: 70199

Reply By: ceredig - Thursday, Jul 29, 2004 at 16:51

Thursday, Jul 29, 2004 at 16:51
That makes me feel good, well sorry I mean lucky.
I recently bought two and had to wait a week and a half, I then ripped one and got it replaced just a couple of weeks ago!
Am I wearing the last ones in existence?
Does that make me unique?

I think next time that I will change to something more popular.
AnswerID: 70230

Sponsored Links