Cape York the Tip

Submitted: Thursday, Jul 29, 2004 at 17:51
ThreadID: 15123 Views:2280 Replies:1 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Just back from my second trip to the Tip this season. As usual stopped at some incredible places and saw lots of interesting things. I was disappointed and shocked at the condition of the car park below Pajinka. The Tip is a very apt name for it. The people on both my tours were disgusted and felt ashamed that such an Icon as the tip of Australia can be found in such appalling condition. I stayed at Pajinka Resort for 3 days in 1998 and it was the most beautiful resort. To see it in its present condition was heartbreaking. I know this area is not controlled by National Parks or EPA but something has to be done about it. I picked up rubish that I could carry on the way back thru the boardwalks but as loaded tour vehicles had no room for the rest in the car park. Cheers Rob
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Tripp'n Around - Thursday, Jul 29, 2004 at 22:26

Thursday, Jul 29, 2004 at 22:26
Hi Rob

Sad hey!

We stayed in the camp ground in 1988 and to see it like that now, astounds me.
We were there in 2002 just after the placed was destroyed.
The place had been looted by locals and tourists.
When we walked to the tip there were a group of local kids under supervision who were suppose to clean it up?
The area was marked off and no one could go inside to see the damage that had been done.

We got a shock a few weeks ago when we saw it, it is still an utter disgrace.
I actually walked through a bit of it to see what had been done to it.

Maybe 4 Corners or similar should do a piece on it and get something happening up there?

What must our overseas visitors think?

Cya
Tripp'n
:)
AnswerID: 70336

Sponsored Links