Stripped vehicle Lakefield

Submitted: Thursday, Jul 29, 2004 at 18:20
ThreadID: 15124 Views:2009 Replies:2 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
3 weeks ago while travelling thu Lakefield NP we found a Mitsubishi 2002 model and camper trailer rolled over the day before. Last week when we passed by it had been completely stripped. The motor and transfer case were still there but all the engine mounts were undone must have been too heavy to get out. All the seats, wheels. dash. disc rotors were gone. Be careful and be insured. We are always amazed how often we are overtaken by fully loaded vehicles as we turn into some of the most interesting and special places on the Cape. At least they can say about the Cape when they get home "been there done that" Cheers Rob
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Tripp'n Around - Thursday, Jul 29, 2004 at 23:07

Thursday, Jul 29, 2004 at 23:07
Hi Rob

We saw that too and I even took 2 pics of it.
It had been pretty well stripped when we got there on the 4th July but the seats were still in the car.
The bloke who had the accident asked the bloke from Musgrave who bought back the trailer when was he going out to get the 4BY, only to be told by the bloke, "Forget it mate, there's nothing there it's been stripped".
I posted the wreck in a report on here mainly for those going that way too watch out for the bad wheel ruts in Lakefield.

Cya
Tripp'n
:)
AnswerID: 70341

Reply By: chris-ford - Friday, Jul 30, 2004 at 10:32

Friday, Jul 30, 2004 at 10:32
I don't know about you mate, but my TCIS insurance wouldn't have covered me if I "abandoned" the vehicle.

It would have been my responsibility to effectively secure the vehicle until such time that an effective recovery could be made by the insurer.

In other words, "Sorry sir, we will not be honoring your insurance claim as you allowed your vehilcle to be damaged before we had rights of assumption to it"

BUGGAR!

The rules on this are fairly similar with different insurance companies - It pays to read them carefully! I know that my CGU-based TCIS insurance policy, I must maintain effective security of the damaged vehicle until is can be recovered. This implies that you have to make-camp around the truck until the cavalry arrives!

Sucks eh!?
AnswerID: 70389

Sponsored Links