Tracks round Busselton way

Submitted: Thursday, Jul 29, 2004 at 20:45
ThreadID: 15131 Views:10131 Replies:3 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Anyone know of any 4x4 tracks around Busselton way? Ideally GPS co-ords but rough directions will do.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: slydog - Thursday, Jul 29, 2004 at 21:11

Thursday, Jul 29, 2004 at 21:11
there are plenty of tracks just south of busselton and a couple on the coast, nothin really challenging but if you like driving around the bush as i do theres plenty of that so let me know exactly what your after and i might be able to point you in the right direction. regards slydog
AnswerID: 70297

Follow Up By: Bitsumishin - Mike (WA) - Thursday, Jul 29, 2004 at 21:49

Thursday, Jul 29, 2004 at 21:49
I was due to play in the Mud at Mundaring this weekend but SWMBO had other ideas and has us down at Abbey Beach with friends. Just thought if they decided to spend half a day or so shopping (or vinyarding), I might be able to slip away & check out some of the area. I know Calcup Hill has an entry somewhere off the Old Vasse Hwy but not sure where. That said I enjoy any tracks that get you off the blackstuff, the quicker I get there, the more fun I can have.
FollowupID: 330529

Reply By: slydog - Friday, Jul 30, 2004 at 12:09

Friday, Jul 30, 2004 at 12:09
try heading south on either sues rd or chapman hill rd after about 20 kms the bush starts and there are heaps of tracks on either side it is pretty hard to get lost as if you keep going south you will hit mowen rd and then the blackwood river as long as you know which way is west you will find bussell hwy, since you dont have much time i would go out to quininup falls on the coast as we have had a fair bit of rain and they should be running over, to see the falls does involve a bit of a walk but in my opinion it is worth it, head south on caves road, turn right onto quininup rd directly opposite abbeys farm rd, head down there untill a sand track starts on the right hand side an sort of runs parallel to the gravel track you are on. Follow the track a fair while till you come to a t section and then go left(south) follow this till you come to the gate that calm has put in or where it was if the surfers have pulled it out again, get out start walking and follow the creek from the beach until you find the falls. Hope these directions are good enough if not, the falls are pretty well known and even the tourist bureau may be able to show you. regards slydog
AnswerID: 70398

Reply By: Turbos - Friday, Jul 30, 2004 at 13:29

Friday, Jul 30, 2004 at 13:29
There are some fun tracks souths of busso!! I surf down that way and have come across some beauties. My all time favourite is the cullen rd track. Head south along caves rd from Yallingup way and you will find Cullen rd on your right. Its about 10 km north of Cowaramup Bay. If you pass Juniper rd you have gone to far south. Once you have turned right off caves Rd you will come to a corrugated track. the track follows the fence line, so you can't get lost. Winter time is the best as there is some frightening mud sections, boggy sand, a rock hill that is awesome and finally a doughnut section at the end. I have battled this track In all three of my 4wds. I took my modified suburu sportswagon down there (just made it through water up to my doors - water on my dizzy stopped me not long after though!). I took my V6 vitara down there (raised to max with 16 inch mags and BFG all-terrains) and it loved it! I now have a 3.0L jackaroo which is not raised but has 17 inch mags with 285 x 60 pirelli scorpion zeros. That just made the hill (you'll know the one i'm talking about). Anyway this track is a must and is definately the most nuts track down that way (was last time anyway) - most people back down but I flogged thebleepout of my subi on that track and I have even seen a WRX make it to the nasty hill section - Ibleepyou not! Have fun, enjoy the mud and make sure you whip some doughnuts at the end, theres nothing better than seeing a 4wd drive in full swing!
AnswerID: 70406

Sponsored Links