I lost all my air/conditioning gaz/oil due to microscopicleak. How to repair it?

Submitted: Friday, Jul 19, 2002 at 00:00
ThreadID: 1516 Views:2121 Replies:2 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
How can Iorganize the repair myself?
I have a GU 2.8 liters which came out of warranty just 4 months ago.
I am in Brisbane.
Nissan "mechanics" want to change the drying cell ($83) plus do other things which do not seem to be logical and quiet unneccessary and expensive.
I have taped and clamped the hole with butyl tape. The Air-con-line has not got any moisture in it. The hole is a fault from Nissan. It has been cracked at the weld.
How do I organize the aluminium welding of the line? How do I stop the line being contaminated by moisture? how do I organbize the refilling of the gaz with the Nissan proprietary oil?(for the rubber seals inside the aircon Unit) etc. Any help or ideas on the qiuestion welcome because at the moment I have the impression of swimming with sharks :-) :-)
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: P.G. (Tas) - Friday, Jul 19, 2002 at 00:00

Friday, Jul 19, 2002 at 00:00
Frank, I would take it to another Nissan dealer. 4 months out of warranty and obviously a faulty joint seal? If you have no joy with the dealership concerned (and make sure you deal with the service manager), then I'm sure a call to Nissans National Office will bring results. I have had several similar experiences with Toyota's being "just" out of warranty and each time I was told "No, sorry", but a call to Toyota Head Office and lodgement of a warranty appeal has bought joy each time (good on you Toyota). Hopefully Nissan will match Toyota's out of warranty good will. Hope this helps. Cheers.
AnswerID: 4962

Follow Up By: Frank - Friday, Jul 19, 2002 at 00:00

Friday, Jul 19, 2002 at 00:00
P.G. (Tas) - thank you for your very encouring words. Actually the high pressure Air/Con pipe simply cracked exactly at the bend, 2 inches from the drying element pack. There is no doubt this is a faulty pipe or to be more exacly a faulty bending tool which actualy prepuncture the pipe during bending at the factory. It looks like the bending tool weaken the pipe and probably partly pierced the pipe eakening seriously.I'll let you posted of the result and see if Nissan is as friendly as toyota
FollowupID: 2136

Reply By: Derek - Sunday, Jul 21, 2002 at 00:00

Sunday, Jul 21, 2002 at 00:00
Frank, PG is dead right with his advice and you should have a win, but if you don't, try Kooler Car, 457 Newman Rd, Geebung. I used to use them extensively and could never fault their service. Ask for Tom and you should be set right.
Derek.
AnswerID: 4995

Sponsored Links