Buying a new car

Submitted: Sunday, Aug 01, 2004 at 17:37
ThreadID: 15198 Views:2146 Replies:4 FollowUps:3
This Thread has been Archived
Just recieved wifes new car Suzuki Jimny JLX Ordered nearly seven weeks ago. Ordered all accessories I could for it, mats, headlight protectors the list goes on. Also ordered TJM Alloy nudge bar. The short story is Sales person rang friday night saying car was ready to pickup Saturday arrive at Dealer, No accessories fitted no nudge bar told have to wait till 25th Aug for nudge bar none in stock. Not happy with the situation asked why accessories not ordered when car was ordered told that they did and it was not their fault if supplier was out of stock this is BS because salesperson rang me Two weeks ago to check what style of nudge bar I wanted, god! it was on the contract I signed in June after the 4x4 show in Brisbane. We took delevery of car without some of the accessories and were told we would be not out of pocket and that they will be fitted as soon as they come in. We will see, not happy with the service I can tell you. When you order a new car with certain extras you expect that when the car is delivered it will have these extras. Poor customer service as far as I am concerned.
200 Series V8 Diesel
Thanks for the Rest Flying West and Flying Very Low along the track not coming back. The Crow

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member Eric - Sunday, Aug 01, 2004 at 17:45

Sunday, Aug 01, 2004 at 17:45
I think a call to let you know that it wasn't going to be there when you pick up the car was in order .
AnswerID: 70764

Follow Up By: Truckster (Vic) - Monday, Aug 02, 2004 at 10:06

Monday, Aug 02, 2004 at 10:06
That would be considered CUSTOMER SERVICE.. that costs extra.
FollowupID: 331097

Reply By: Utemad - Sunday, Aug 01, 2004 at 18:13

Sunday, Aug 01, 2004 at 18:13
When we picked up our F250 it was minus the tray liner and the sidesteps were the wrong ones (supercab instead of dual cab) and the canopy wasn't there either. Had to wait for a couple of weeks for the liner and sidesteps.

As for the canopy (TJM) we were told it hadn't arrived yet but would be there with the liner and steps. It wasn't. So we said we would just take it to TJM to have it fitted ourselves. When I arrived I was told it would be longer to fit than anticipated as it had just come out of the paint bake oven thingy and the windows had not been fitted yet. THE F-----G THING HADN'T EVEN BEEN BUILT YET!!!!!

Had many quality issues with canopy and ended up sending it back and getting an imported Raider canopy from F-Series Spares.

Dealers suck period IMHO new or second hand doesn't matter.

Utemad
AnswerID: 70774

Reply By: mr diamond - Sunday, Aug 01, 2004 at 18:34

Sunday, Aug 01, 2004 at 18:34
you have to love it when they promise you the world and give you nothing.
they say you wont be out of pocket.
so when the parts come in there going to come to your place before your wife has to do anything with a courtesy car take your car back to the dealer and fit the accesorys phone and organise a time that suits your wife to drop the car of back at home with out inconveniencing your wife.
no they will ask you to take time outa your day to take the car back(they will need it for a day)organise a lift home and back again.
and then when all the parts arnt there another trip.
i remember getting our new festiva from brian dunn ford bendigo.
had a ferw problems just little things 3 times we had to go back for a new door seal oh yes baby was just born and there courtesy bus didnt have child restraints.
yes dealers are lots of fun
AnswerID: 70778

Follow Up By: Truckster (Vic) - Monday, Aug 02, 2004 at 10:09

Monday, Aug 02, 2004 at 10:09
Serves you right for buying a new ford you rich bitch. ;)~~
FollowupID: 331099

Reply By: Member - John C (QLD) - Monday, Aug 02, 2004 at 17:14

Monday, Aug 02, 2004 at 17:14
Crow
Thinking of getting one of these for my wife. how much are they, was it an auto?
We are in Bne.
Cheers
John C
AnswerID: 70920

Follow Up By: The Crow - Monday, Aug 02, 2004 at 17:50

Monday, Aug 02, 2004 at 17:50
Its a great little car wife loves it at least now I will be get to drive my patrol. Price $23K on road and all extras inc Cruise control & the Nudge Bar we are waiting for.
200 Series V8 Diesel
Thanks for the Rest Flying West and Flying Very Low along the track not coming back. The Crow

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

FollowupID: 331179

Sponsored Links