fuel and credit cards

Submitted: Friday, Jul 19, 2002 at 00:00
ThreadID: 1520 Views:1685 Replies:6 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Could anyone please tell me the current price of fuel at Innamincka and do they accept credit cards. Being trying to contact via email, they either ignore me or are having problems. Also does anyone know if Camerons Corner accept credit cards and their price of fuel.Thankyou
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Bob - Friday, Jul 19, 2002 at 00:00

Friday, Jul 19, 2002 at 00:00
Rudi If you really desperately want to know give the Innamincka Trading Post or the pub and the Cameron Corner Store a ring. I don't think you should worry too much about the cost - you have to buy it whatever the cost. It'll be in the $1.20-$1.30 range most likely. I filled up in Birdsville last year and it probably cost me $40 more then it would have in Brisbane but hey ... No choice and I wouldn't have stayed home because of it. I found in all remote areas I've been to in that area - Birdsville, Oodnadatta, Innamincka - all take cards but you should have a supply of cash just in case.
AnswerID: 4971

Reply By: Bob - Friday, Jul 19, 2002 at 00:00

Friday, Jul 19, 2002 at 00:00
Rudi If you really desperately want to know give the Innamincka Trading Post or the pub and the Cameron Corner Store a ring. I don't think you should worry too much about the cost - you have to buy it whatever the cost. It'll be in the $1.20-$1.30 range most likely. I filled up in Birdsville last year and it probably cost me $40 more then it would have in Brisbane but hey ... No choice and I wouldn't have stayed home because of it. I found in all remote areas I've been to in that area - Birdsville, Oodnadatta, Innamincka - all take cards but you should have a supply of cash just in case.
AnswerID: 4972

Reply By: ExplorOz Team - Michelle - Saturday, Jul 20, 2002 at 00:00

Saturday, Jul 20, 2002 at 00:00
Rudi - I will also add that Innamincka Trading Post have instructed us to remove Innamincka from our Fuel Prices page. They say that this has caused too much confusion as prices fluctuate daily. They are happy to take calls - they are listed in our Business Directory under SA Deserts. The advice from the previous post was also correct. Prices are a little higher than the cities, but not enough to stop you travelling.
AnswerID: 4977

Reply By: tim - Sunday, Jul 21, 2002 at 00:00

Sunday, Jul 21, 2002 at 00:00
Hello Rudi,

I was there 10 days ago diesel was 1.14 per litre and yes they take credit cards, also freshly baked bread is available daily and food prices are similar to home, eg scotch fillet steak is $15 /kilo,you can also buy a new engel 39l freezer for $990,showers are $2 FOR 5 MINS.great place to visit not expensive,have a great time,take two spare tyres plus repair kit as the roads punish tyres, roads dry and rough.
AnswerID: 5008

Reply By: John- Monday, Jul 22, 2002 at 00:00

Monday, Jul 22, 2002 at 00:00
Hi Rudi! Probably too late to help you but i've just returned from Innamincka July 21. They do accept credit cards except for Diners. Price of ULP & Diesel both 113.5cents /litre. Agree with others - just go and enjoy. Thoroughly enjoyed it. Make sure to do the trip to Coongie Lakes, just 109 Km's from Innamincka. Need Desert Parks Pass. Camped at Cullyamurra Waterhole 12K's out, also need DPP for this area. Regards John.
AnswerID: 5040

Reply By: Rudi Paoletti - Tuesday, Jul 23, 2002 at 00:00

Tuesday, Jul 23, 2002 at 00:00
I thankyou everyone who answered my question. Thankyou for taking the time and informing me.
I will enjoy my trip. Kind Regards, Rudi
AnswerID: 5080

Sponsored Links