Blue Mtns - Good tracks etc???

Submitted: Tuesday, Aug 03, 2004 at 13:02
ThreadID: 15255 Views:2291 Replies:3 FollowUps:5
This Thread has been Archived
Guys,

I have some friends coming down from Brisbane in the Sept holidays and I'm looking for some good tracks in the Blue Mountains.

Plan is to move four times, and spend two nights in each location.

I did this last year and stayed at Dingo Dell, Limeburners, Yerranderie and Wollondilly River.

This year I want to take them to Yerranderie and Limeburners (is that still open - word was that they were going to close it...) Reasonable track in and out of Limeburners which I look forward to again.

We're not into rock hopping, but a nice steep fella and careful negotiation on anything less is just fine..

So... any favorites in there (tracks, and two camp sites....)

Thanks guys
Cheers,

Ivan
2008 D4D Prado

My Profile  My Position  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Baz (NSW) - Tuesday, Aug 03, 2004 at 13:09

Tuesday, Aug 03, 2004 at 13:09
Ivan have you looked at trek notes in here, there is a couple trips there.

Baz.
AnswerID: 71052

Follow Up By: Member - Ivan (ACT) - Tuesday, Aug 03, 2004 at 13:35

Tuesday, Aug 03, 2004 at 13:35
Thanks Baz,

Did the Yerranderie trek pretty much word for word last year, and have also done the Wollomi and Yengo NPs too..

Happy in the Blue Mountains for this trip - just looking for something reasonably challenging.

(Though haven't done anything in the Abercrombie River NP - would be interested in anything there!!!
Cheers,

Ivan
2008 D4D Prado

My Profile  My Position  Send Message

FollowupID: 331260

Follow Up By: Baz (NSW) - Tuesday, Aug 03, 2004 at 13:46

Tuesday, Aug 03, 2004 at 13:46
There are a lot of tracks around the Oberon area, i used to do enduro's there but it has been a while and you dont take much notice when going flat out through the the bush competing in a race. I have often thought of going back to these places that i had been to when i was racing because they were so beautiful and looked like they would be good for a 4x4.
FollowupID: 331262

Follow Up By: Baz (NSW) - Tuesday, Aug 03, 2004 at 13:51

Tuesday, Aug 03, 2004 at 13:51
Oh Ivan just remembered Subaru 4WD club have info on these places i was looking through their web site the other day and saw they have visited these places recently.
FollowupID: 331265

Follow Up By: Truckster (Vic) - Tuesday, Aug 03, 2004 at 14:23

Tuesday, Aug 03, 2004 at 14:23
Baz...

Ya ever do a Yowie hunt up round Oberon? They were a blast!
Went up with Warren Jack from ADB one yr, that was funny as hell... straight from club presentation night, car full of trophies, and us! didnt get there till 4am either then rode!
FollowupID: 331277

Follow Up By: Baz (NSW) - Tuesday, Aug 03, 2004 at 14:48

Tuesday, Aug 03, 2004 at 14:48
No i didn't i was p@#sed off about missing them too, couple of guys in our club did when they came back they gave a report at our club meeting everyone was ROFLTheirAO.
FollowupID: 331291

Reply By: Rosscoe - Tuesday, Aug 03, 2004 at 16:11

Tuesday, Aug 03, 2004 at 16:11
Ivan,

If your prepared to go a little further west. There's some good camping at Newenes and some very interesting industrial ruins.
There's a track off to the south off the newenes road which I think is sign posted "Blackfellas Hand" which is supposed to be OK but a little further up the road towards Newens there is an unsign posted track off to the left. This leads up through the "Garden of Stones National Park". Some spectacular views and rock formations as well as a reasonably challenging track. Good fun and not too difficult.
The track comes out at Cullen Bullen.

Regards,

Rosscoe
AnswerID: 71084

Reply By: greyemu - Tuesday, Aug 03, 2004 at 20:42

Tuesday, Aug 03, 2004 at 20:42
Dear Ivan
You can go from dingo dell and go across to the abercrombie national park which has some great 4wd and camping spots most have pit wcs.you can get more info from the www.npws.nsw.gov.au.Hope you and your friends have a great time in our beautiful blue mountains. Regards greyemu
AnswerID: 71140

Sponsored Links