Bridgestone Mud Tyres

Submitted: Tuesday, Aug 03, 2004 at 22:14
ThreadID: 15270 Views:3844 Replies:2 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Anybody have any experience with these tyres, D673 Mud Terrains. Good or bad, I havent heard anything about them on this forum. Tread looks aggressive, looking to buy some mud tyres.

Cheers Peter
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Truckster (Vic) - Tuesday, Aug 03, 2004 at 22:36

Tuesday, Aug 03, 2004 at 22:36
was discussion on them on OLimits few mths back (on lots of MT"s really), and they are good, but wear out real fast...

Take a look at MTR's, you could do much worse than them. Love mine, better than old BFG MT's by long shot..

YMMV
AnswerID: 71157

Reply By: Member - DOZER- Wednesday, Aug 04, 2004 at 15:23

Wednesday, Aug 04, 2004 at 15:23
Hi
I have a set on my 80, which i cant fault. They are not noisy compared to some muddies, (Cooper STT's to name one) and i have had them since 1994 on 2 different vehicles and 2 different rims...they have done 50,000kms and are still 30%. I bought them for their load rating (which i took as being a sign of toughness) which is only matched by the cooper in a 285x75x16. They were my offroad tyres on my last 60, and after wearing out the road tyres on my 80, have been on fulltime since.
I have heard the sidewalls are a little thinner than the BFG, have only ever had one puncture where a nail went through the treadblock into the tyre...patch fixed that.
They balanced with minimal weight, and i have not had to rebalance them since putting them on the mags 5 yrs ago.
Lucky Bridgestone dont rely on me for their business.
Whichever tyre you end up going for, make it plain to the dealer that you dont like weight hanging off the rims, and you will buy his product if he is willing to marry the tyre to the rim....this is a recipe for long and trouble free balancing. Mine have 30 grams on them, as opposed to 130 usually.
Andrew
AnswerID: 71278

Sponsored Links