Good Feedback

Submitted: Wednesday, Aug 04, 2004 at 15:16
ThreadID: 15299 Views:1632 Replies:3 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
As there always seems to be more questions starting a post than feedback and after reading quite a number of recent posts asking questions regarding suspension mods/lifts/proportioning valves/etc etc I just thought I'd throw my recent experience out there as (hopefully) useful info.

We've just had 2" lift OME springs/shocks put under the GQ, along with long range tank and the folks at ARB couldn't have been more helpful. Working with us to determine loads and most appropriate setup through to the courtesy drop-off and pick-up at the train station, they were very professional and courteous. They costed into the job the castor kit but left it to the mechanic to determine if required, and it was found to be unnecessary. Brake test was done before and after and the brakes are spot on.

Overall the wagon handles better than before and is more comfortable both off and on road. A bloody good setup!

All I can say is, if in doubt about what's needed, give the pro's your (accurate) requirements and let them advise you. While we all like to hear about the shonky mobs out there to steer clear of, I know I also like to hear where I can go with a bit of surety.

Just my two cents..Keith
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Uppy - Member - Wednesday, Aug 04, 2004 at 16:31

Wednesday, Aug 04, 2004 at 16:31
Hi Perthgq,Ive got a 4.2 efi gq and im thinking about doing the same.If i may be so bold and ask you how much did this cost and how long did it take,also did you add a long range tank or go for the ax tank under the drivers side.I also live in Perth ,so maybe we could catch up
regards uppy
...the school bus,still gets us there

My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 71293

Follow Up By: PerthGQ - Wednesday, Aug 04, 2004 at 16:57

Wednesday, Aug 04, 2004 at 16:57
G'day Uppy,
For the life of me I cant recall the exact price of the suspension as we got the tank and a new bullbar to boot. I'll dig out the paperwork and let you know. It's the long range tank not aux. We're in Kinross so no problem catching up any time.
Regards,
Keith
FollowupID: 331493

Reply By: Uppy - Member - Wednesday, Aug 04, 2004 at 17:10

Wednesday, Aug 04, 2004 at 17:10
Thanks ,Im in Padbury and it will be great to hear from you regarding both the price and a catch up.Jeff wa and i do alot of trips. Would you be interested in a trip some time ,We have both got kids and love to go camping.Also is your gq petrol or desiel
regards uppy

My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 71298

Reply By: Voxson (Adelaide) - Thursday, Aug 05, 2004 at 07:46

Thursday, Aug 05, 2004 at 07:46
Gday Uppy.... Hope all is going well for you there....
You havent let those wind deflectors blow off yet?.. lol

Hows you fuel economy going?
AnswerID: 71364

Follow Up By: Uppy - Member - Thursday, Aug 05, 2004 at 09:58

Thursday, Aug 05, 2004 at 09:58
Hi Voxson, everything is fine at the moment,kids are still driving me mad .The gq is running great.Im working back in the classroom ,so i can afford a few extras for the old wagon.Have you still got those springs? as im in a postion to buy then.As im adding a aux tank soon.My useage is still good ,but living in the city ,its gone up a bit I only get 500kms around town.Hope you are well and there a room here when you come though,
kind regards uppy

My Profile  Send Message

FollowupID: 331552

Sponsored Links