Submitted: Friday, Aug 06, 2004 at 09:30
ThreadID: 15337 Views:1829 Replies:3 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
HI I am interested in the Forums views Re the NRMA and is it worth getting there Plus package for road service.
Hopefully off to the Corner country next June/July.
Do they go to outback spots for road service ?
If I break down at Cameron corner will they go there?
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Rob W. - Friday, Aug 06, 2004 at 11:04

Friday, Aug 06, 2004 at 11:04
Probably best to ring them and find out for sure, and get it written in the policy.
Might be a bit much of an ask to rescue you from Cameron Corner, but you never know.

AnswerID: 71482

Follow Up By: Member - Mungo Explorer (NSW) - Friday, Aug 06, 2004 at 23:30

Friday, Aug 06, 2004 at 23:30
I'm a member but have forgotten the details :-) As far as I remember, they cover all gazetted roads which should cover the main approaches to Cameron Corner. Towing is another matter though, there's a km limit I think so it depends on how far the nearest NRMA garage is.
FollowupID: 331789

Reply By: Member - Brett H (QLD) - Saturday, Aug 07, 2004 at 15:57

Saturday, Aug 07, 2004 at 15:57
N nobody
R robs
M more
A australians
AnswerID: 71664

Reply By: navaraman - Saturday, Aug 07, 2004 at 16:40

Saturday, Aug 07, 2004 at 16:40
Not sure about he NRMA but I've got RAA Plus which is their top cover, this is from their web site

"Bogged vehicles: Service providers and their equipment cannot be placed at risk by attempting bogged vehicle rescues on rocky, sandy or muddy terrain. Vehicles will only be recovered from an improved road, which is by definition "a road, the surface of which has been prepared, formed, metalled or gravelled as defined in the SA Road Traffic Act" and it is accessible by a 2 wheel drive vehicle." I also get towing upto 100km to the nearest authorised service centre, not sure what applies if it is over 100 ks away. i suspect the NRMA cover will be similar.
I certainly wouldn't expect them to recover me if bogged but would you get roadside service if "oof road", I expect not.
AnswerID: 71668

Sponsored Links