3.0 td nissan engine

Submitted: Friday, Aug 06, 2004 at 10:26
ThreadID: 15341 Views:3057 Replies:21 FollowUps:59
This Thread has been Archived
Interesting to note the workshop doing the 3.0 blow up engine rebuilds for nissan in Vic is carrying 6 engines in stock on the floor, to meet demand, and is seeing series 3 patrol and navara engines coming through as well now with the same problem.

2-4 3.0 engines a week on average currently.

Just an FYI, for those who may be looking at buying one.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: W from Jerilderie Motors Pty Ltd - Friday, Aug 06, 2004 at 10:51

Friday, Aug 06, 2004 at 10:51
Must be a " damm big workshop"
what do you do for a living ?
maybe
PR for " Oh What a Feeling "
but @ least the next couple days we know we will now get some amusement off this thread
I will stick my neck out & say now I am taking bets it will get to 10 pages!,
funny I am picking up a Ser3 from warranty today in a Nissan workshop for airflow meter & he said we are first he has heard of this problem, but thankfully for our client I must say
I heard it first on Exploroz.
I am not biased either way we sell variety, it is just that Nissan price Range appers to suit MORE secondhand buyers than Cruiser Turbo in same age group we deal in.
AnswerID: 71476

Follow Up By: GO_OFFROAD - Friday, Aug 06, 2004 at 11:27

Friday, Aug 06, 2004 at 11:27
Yes, you are correct on the size of the shop, shopping on price, as long as your happy, is fine in my book, as long as you dont expect to get more than what you paid for ;-)
FollowupID: 331657

Follow Up By: Truckster (Vic) - Friday, Aug 06, 2004 at 11:28

Friday, Aug 06, 2004 at 11:28
"I am picking up a Ser3 from warranty today in a Nissan workshop for airflow meter & he said we are first he has heard of this problem,"

4 people in our club have had their car to the same dealer, for air flow meter issues, they were ALL told "first he has heard of this problem.." same as holes in pistons and turbos...

YMMV
FollowupID: 331658

Follow Up By: Member - John (Vic) - Friday, Aug 06, 2004 at 15:59

Friday, Aug 06, 2004 at 15:59
Mr "W" for a person who is obviously an experienced car trader/dealer.
All I can say is you must be some what naive if you ever believe the line
from any dealer Nissan or other brand dealer for that matter "This is the first he has heard of this problem"

The car industry as a majority has unfortunately a very poor reputation for telling the truth.

And yes I am sure that you would sell more 3 L Nissan's than Toyota's, In fact I am sure you would sell more 3 L Nissan's that 4.2 L Nissan's.
Why ? you would ask.

Easy they are set to a particular price bracket in the market place.
Forget quality or any other factor it all comes down to dollars and Nissan have set the 3 L at a price point that the market will handle.

And I will add that I am in no way being critical of the quality of Nissan or any other brand, but the issue of the 3 L engines is very very well documented on here and in other forms of media.

I think Go_Offroad is doing nothing more than pointing out that it is a case of buyer beware, you pay for what you get.

The big question is when will Nissan say enough is enough and no longer continue to replace these motors, then the issue will be real interesting.

VKS737 - Mobile 6352 (Selcall 6352)

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

FollowupID: 331695

Follow Up By: Bonz (Vic) - Friday, Aug 06, 2004 at 18:43

Friday, Aug 06, 2004 at 18:43
Is there a problem with 3.0L Nissan Motors? First I heard of it.

Nah, sounds like rubbish when I say it too!
Time is an illusion produced by the passage of history

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

FollowupID: 331734

Follow Up By: Truckster (Vic) - Friday, Aug 06, 2004 at 22:45

Friday, Aug 06, 2004 at 22:45
Nissan make a 3ltr 4wd?? I better run out and buy one yesterday...
FollowupID: 331781

Reply By: Baz (NSW) - Friday, Aug 06, 2004 at 10:58

Friday, Aug 06, 2004 at 10:58
Yaaawwwn
AnswerID: 71479

Follow Up By: schevchenko - Friday, Aug 06, 2004 at 16:52

Friday, Aug 06, 2004 at 16:52
ditto
FollowupID: 331707

Reply By: Rob W. - Friday, Aug 06, 2004 at 11:01

Friday, Aug 06, 2004 at 11:01
As the WARNING at the top of the page says.......
"The accuracy and validity of comments within is undetermined"
another "yawn"
AnswerID: 71480

Follow Up By: GO_OFFROAD - Friday, Aug 06, 2004 at 11:32

Friday, Aug 06, 2004 at 11:32
Sorry if this FYI is boring for you, what ever you drive, but it may be helpful to some to know what Vic is experiencing, compared to heresay about what they may or may not be doing in which model.
FollowupID: 331660

Reply By: Peter Guy - Friday, Aug 06, 2004 at 12:01

Friday, Aug 06, 2004 at 12:01
Can I please trouble you for the name of the workshop - could be a good contact for spare parts.
AnswerID: 71492

Follow Up By: GO_OFFROAD - Friday, Aug 06, 2004 at 12:58

Friday, Aug 06, 2004 at 12:58
I will check with them, but the gear is all contracted to nissan, so they dont sell parts, just build engines.
FollowupID: 331673

Reply By: W from Jerilderie Motors Pty Ltd - Friday, Aug 06, 2004 at 12:49

Friday, Aug 06, 2004 at 12:49
Lets keep it all on an even keel & no hidden agendas here now hey GO_OFFROAD, lets not forget the Toyo Auto few days ago on this site, he cannot even do 20 k without drama
REMEMBER
we all can only buy what they sell us & to put it simpler as I am so unbiased
You or I can only " P--- with thebleepwe have got "
not someone elses.
& in my unbiased experience there are MORE Turbo Nissans around & sold & available , so naturally we will hear about more here,
I hear plenty of negative vibes here re Nissan 3.0 Turbo, but no positive vibes about how Nissan released cheap extended warranty to give buyers faith in the 3.0 litre, why is that not aired > hidden agendas on these style forums I wonder ?
TRY buying a Turbo Toyota new or secondhand today & your choice is no doubt more limited,
& look @ new price of 100 Series compare to Nissan Turbo & as always
" $$$ RULES " it is usually easier to talk about it than pay for it
& because of so much more upfront $$ Toyo rarely come up for sale in early years, people cannot afford to offload them so frequently,
don,t get me wrong though I drive both regularly but find market for my living swings towards Nissans much more in our secondhand buyer anyway
AnswerID: 71496

Follow Up By: GO_OFFROAD - Friday, Aug 06, 2004 at 12:56

Friday, Aug 06, 2004 at 12:56
at least you adgenda isnt hidden I guess, going by your last line of your post, but I simply passed on some details I found interesting, do with them what you wish, but my aim wasnt to start a debate over which is better worse, simply pass on info.

But, now that you have mentioned sales of units, I guess the sales figures last few years dont back up your claim of "& in my unbiased experience there are MORE Turbo Nissans around & sold & available "

Poor people cant afford cheap things.
FollowupID: 331670

Follow Up By: Bonz (Vic) - Friday, Aug 06, 2004 at 18:50

Friday, Aug 06, 2004 at 18:50
I wouldnty say the Nissan is a cheap thing, at $52000 for the 3.0L T/D its a bit more than cheap, I would however say that it is not as expensive as the Toyota it competes with at around $78000. That doesnt make it cheap, just cheaper than the 'yota.

For $52k i expect the motor wont go bang under 500000 km's for a diesel, so do many others, and I suspect so do Nissan. Their actions in replacement of the blown engines reflects them protecting their reputation for bulletproof drivelines. Thats all it is to me.

What I would like to know is what was the "price" for the cheap extended warranty?

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 331735

Follow Up By: GO_OFFROAD - Saturday, Aug 07, 2004 at 12:15

Saturday, Aug 07, 2004 at 12:15
Bonz, 50k is still the entry level of the large 4wd wagon, which makes it the "cheap" end of the market.

If everyone shopped on price alone, NQR would have more supermarkets than coles and woolies combined.....wouldnt they?
FollowupID: 331828

Reply By: W from Jerilderie Motors Pty Ltd - Friday, Aug 06, 2004 at 13:47

Friday, Aug 06, 2004 at 13:47
To GO_OFFROAD re your reply to my post
as I said lets keep it even keel & unbiased
& to ANSWER your reply
" POOR PEOPLE CANNOT AFFORD CHEAP THINGS "
& then you state to me that " sales figures over last few years do not back up my claims"
WELL LET ME BACK UP MY CLAIM CORRECTLY ONCE & FOR ALL as I have not got all day to have " slanging match " with more answers each hour
& If you doubt it come with me for a week on a buying trip & I am prepared to bet you will change your " closed mind quickly & take off the blinkers "
I do not wish to degrade anyone or to be degraded by unfactual info.
1) I said in my experience in my post we deal in SECONDHAND only so I only see secondhand for sale whether it be via Govt Tender or Govt Auction or Council Tender & I travel 5000k wk chasing these things & rarely see Toyota Turbo
2)In Govt because of $$ Limitations on purchase price when they buy them NEW not many are Toyota Turbo compared to Nissan Turbo which is priced to suit their limitations more suitably because they can buy Turbo in Base pack rather than 100 Series in GXL only & it is based above their allowable buying limit..
3) You say " poor people cannot afford cheap things " who knows but I know more people who can afford a secondhand Nissan Turbo than Toyota, whether I do not see the right buyer or stock I am only speaking from experience from who I talk to by enquiries hourly over the phone Australiawde & lets not forget now you have started talking about poor people ( & neither of us is Robin Crusoe in relation to that no doubt ) you then go on >
4) To say " sales figures don,t back up my claims "
Oh you are so correct in NEW,
but remember we were speaking poor people, customers I come across etc,
not NEW BUYERS who are being prefunded by salary packages etc, or Company Tax Benefits,The new figures look good in Toyota but get back to the real world like we were discussing take your new out of the equation & I have no doubt whose statements & figures will be correct.
What equates new @ $80000, he may keep 6 years on payments
What equates new @ $50000 he may keep 4 years on payments
So the two will never meet as a comparison factually ever
we are talking bread & butter average joe blow on such a forum
& I have no doubt my statement re my claim is backed up by numbers sales & as I offered earlier jump in any week & come with me & see for yourself.
Thanks for the reply , don,t take it to heart just compare apples against apples, not strawberries have a good day & enjoy, life goes on regardless
AnswerID: 71506

Follow Up By: GO_OFFROAD - Friday, Aug 06, 2004 at 13:59

Friday, Aug 06, 2004 at 13:59
wow, I offer some information at the start of the thread, and you take it to heart, sorry, but I didnt design the 3.0 nissan engine, I just report what I see from the aftermath of nissans "give it to the public to test" R & D policy.........

New car slaes still says there are more toyota's than nissans about though, obviously the toyota are hung onto longer by the owners, hence not as many 2nd hand as the "average joe mobiles" ;-)
FollowupID: 331678

Follow Up By: Member - Captain (WA) - Friday, Aug 06, 2004 at 14:31

Friday, Aug 06, 2004 at 14:31
Hi W from Jerildere Motors.

Seen this boast from Go_OFFROAD before in post 14134 about series III 3.0 failures. When pressed for details, claims he cannot tell where due to "my involvement" in the industry. Now also claiming Navara problems. NEVER heard of that before.

Originally in his post did not know the difference between GU series I, II, III and the 3.0TD version engines, but then boasts about how he has seen 3 series III at the same time in one workshop with blown motors!!! I have never found reliable proof of one sereis III failure before, then he has seen 3 at one time!!!

While I "stick up" for the series III 3.0TD, I am the first to want to see a PROVEN case of series III engine failure (not air flow meter etc..., holed pistons as per series II). Keep on getting all sorts on this forum who say how they know their mothers auntys brothers sisters series III has blown. But can NEVER get to hear from the owner. But have heard from plenty of series II owners and their problems are well documented.

Just wanting to hear some FACTS that can be supported. Just like you have provided from your independent dealership a lot of good first hand experience, its information that can be relied upon.

Sorry to dribble on, but rumour and inuendo about the series III 3.0TD gets up my goat. I am one for any FACTS, good or bad, but to make claims then not back them or say which dealership is then simply rumour, particularly when not a member and no idea about the credability of the claim.

Cheers

Captain
FollowupID: 331679

Follow Up By: GO_OFFROAD - Friday, Aug 06, 2004 at 15:40

Friday, Aug 06, 2004 at 15:40
Yes captain, you are the one who wants to see a broken one in your driveway, because you cant make a call, or ask a question, to satisfy yourself, but of course your talented enough to state no one has put a broken one in your driveway for you to see as yet.

FollowupID: 331693

Follow Up By: Member - Captain (WA) - Friday, Aug 06, 2004 at 16:05

Friday, Aug 06, 2004 at 16:05
Fine, tell me the dealer and I will call. As I am in WA, I have no idea who the Eastern States dealers/workshops etc... are. Just give me a business name and I will make the call - same as I said in the previous post. And thats about when you went all quiet due to your "involvement" in the industry.

As for my research into series III, I monitor most Aussie Patrol websites and have searched many European ones (yeah, where they recalled the series II motor and installed the series III - do you think ANY company would go through that expense and not fix the problem!!!)

Cheers

Captain
FollowupID: 331698

Follow Up By: Outnabout David (SA) - Friday, Aug 06, 2004 at 16:25

Friday, Aug 06, 2004 at 16:25
Captain,

I see you are at it again is W from Jerilderie related at all?? :-):-)
Sorry but you lost some credibility when you chipped in with a comment that you accuse GO_Offroad of being guilty when you dropp the one liner abou the L/C Diff.

Go_off Road made a statement about his involvement but also qualified that in the earlier post that people who knew him would understand that. You don't understand because you obviously don't know him!!.

Also here you say that

"Just wanting to hear some FACTS that can be supported. Just like you have provided from your independent dealership a lot of good first hand experience, its information that can be relied upon. " This is just one man's word/opinion but not necessarily fact or make his statements more credible than go_off road's.

Anyway who gives a rats tossbag. The Nissan's have had some problems and I am sure whether or not the latest have a problem or not anyone with them must be feeling a little uneasy. I have been reading your comments of late and it appears you have an interest in the industry. From a fact point of view what are your credentials?????

Anyway its all a bit Crappy at the moment on the forum since the problems of the last week and seems a lot of bogons have come out of hiding.

Hopefully things might get some sanity back. Anyway, to you, to W and to Go_Offroad put on a smiley face and have a happy day.

PS Captain it is a bit hard on my screen to see the colour of your Patrol its not Black by any chance is it'?????? :-):-)
FollowupID: 331701

Follow Up By: Member - Captain (WA) - Friday, Aug 06, 2004 at 17:12

Friday, Aug 06, 2004 at 17:12
Hi David,

Just to set the record straight, first of all I have never met "W" before, only seen him on this forum in the last few weeks. Secondly, I work in the manufacturing industry as a chemical engineer, nothing to do with the vehicle industry at all. But I have previously worked as a 4WD trainer 10 years ago and have been involved in the 4WD scene for over 20 years.

As for my comment about the L/C diff, that was a throw-away line used in haste and your right, one shouldn't throw stones in glass houses. I used to own one of "those" front diffs and never had a problem with it at all.

My comment about FACTS is that one can judge "W" comments due to his involvement in the industry. Yes they are from one person, but he see's a lot of different vehicles and one can form their own opinion to his accuracy and level of bias.

What I am going on about is people who we can make no value judgement on saying they have seen particular problems, then cannot back it up. To say they have seen multiple series III failures plus Navara failures then not even name a dealership, well.... draw your own conclusions. There has been NO other confirmed cases, then all at once there are these multiple failures???

Yes, the series II 3.0TD had probelms and that is not in question. I actually seek out series III issues BECAUSE I have one. I take it bush as often as I can and I want to know if I have a potential problem on my hands. But I want hear from actual owners, or at least those who can provide genuine details, like build month, actual problem etc... There are issues with the series III like EGR valves, sensor failure etc... but these have nothing to do with the series II engine failures.

I suppose I expect too much from this forum in the way of accurate information. Many simply lump the 3.0TD engine and make no regard to series I, II, III, IV etc... Same way as I did with the L/C front diff comment. Anyway, I take your point, consider myself spanked.

The forum has been a bit "crappy" lately, I just have to learn to watch out for the berley trail and avoid it.

Cheers mate.

Captain
FollowupID: 331711

Follow Up By: GO_OFFROAD - Friday, Aug 06, 2004 at 19:23

Friday, Aug 06, 2004 at 19:23
Captain,
the reason I didnt pass on the information of which dealer, I thought would be obvious buy now, and going by responses to you from other forum members here and elsewhere so far, Im sure others are aware of why I havent named names here.

I will give you a clue, replying to your messages is bad enough, let alone having to run a business, and speak with people asking the silly questions they dont want to hear the answer to, as well.........

FollowupID: 331742

Reply By: W from Jerilderie Motors Pty Ltd - Friday, Aug 06, 2004 at 14:10

Friday, Aug 06, 2004 at 14:10
To Go _ OFF ROAD,
no doubt they cannot afford to sell them as quick !
but I personally have got Toyata anyway @ present & both seem to have regular buyers wanting them
AnswerID: 71509

Follow Up By: Member Eric - Friday, Aug 06, 2004 at 19:51

Friday, Aug 06, 2004 at 19:51
G'day W ,, I am a wholesaler here in Melbourne . Can i call on you , to sell you stock ? Were in Oz are you ?
FollowupID: 331745

Reply By: DARREN - Friday, Aug 06, 2004 at 17:47

Friday, Aug 06, 2004 at 17:47
Go_Offroad, I must say your provocative series 3 posts over recent times are "struggling" from lack of supporting evidence, except of course that from your bother in law's sister's'cousin's uncle's mate......

Read your post and thought: wonder if Captain has replied yet?

regards,

Darren the happy series 3 owner
AnswerID: 71532

Follow Up By: Member - Captain (WA) - Friday, Aug 06, 2004 at 17:53

Friday, Aug 06, 2004 at 17:53
Jee's, am I THAT predictable ;-)

Cheers

Captain
FollowupID: 331719

Reply By: Member - DOZER- Friday, Aug 06, 2004 at 18:49

Friday, Aug 06, 2004 at 18:49
Gday
Last trip to Mootwingii NP, we were speaking to the indigeous ranger, who was driving a 3 litre diesel something Nissan.....3rd motor in 40000kms......he drove it till it choked on dust and shat itself, then called for another......maybe thats why they have a bad rep. Coppers get in them and nail them cold, as does most gov depts....no wonder Toyota puts the premium up on their new vehicles....keeps the bad PR away.
Andrew
AnswerID: 71538

Follow Up By: W from Jerilderie Motors Pty Ltd - Friday, Aug 06, 2004 at 18:53

Friday, Aug 06, 2004 at 18:53
Why , don,t you think they can handle it
or are you afraid of " cash for comment views "
FollowupID: 331736

Follow Up By: GO_OFFROAD - Friday, Aug 06, 2004 at 19:28

Friday, Aug 06, 2004 at 19:28
So its not a design fualt then dozer?

its the elements and drivers breaking them?
FollowupID: 331743

Follow Up By: Member - DOZER- Friday, Aug 06, 2004 at 21:40

Friday, Aug 06, 2004 at 21:40
Just adding one perspective that may add to the 4 a week numbers that were quoted originally.
I think we can safely say that the jury has returned in regard to the design problem, seeing as though Nissan are replacing them.
I have to hand it to Nissan for supporting their customer unlike another large company whose t/d bigends werent up to the job.
Andrew
FollowupID: 331768

Follow Up By: GO_OFFROAD - Saturday, Aug 07, 2004 at 07:25

Saturday, Aug 07, 2004 at 07:25
Must be another internet urban myth, those td big ends have been raplaced up to 80 yrs old and 250.000km, for toyota owners who have had a problem with them.

Anyone remember the kicking and screaming the first nissan owners had to do to get anything under warranty first up, and then those first few 3.0 engine people who were over 100k, and have had to pay for the engine rebuild.........
FollowupID: 331810

Follow Up By: GO_OFFROAD - Saturday, Aug 07, 2004 at 12:17

Saturday, Aug 07, 2004 at 12:17
should of been 8 years old.....FFS....;-)
FollowupID: 331829

Reply By: W from Jerilderie Motors Pty Ltd - Friday, Aug 06, 2004 at 18:50

Friday, Aug 06, 2004 at 18:50
Are we up to page 10 yet, that is my thoughts,
BUT back to reality

I have been away few hours ( by train in case Nissan didn,t make it )
but seriously
whoever said re credibility of car dealers now you have really got me going !
I have got feelings yyou know & you just hurt them !
( after 30 years in this business it will take more than you to hurt them don,t worry )
you said about car dealers
we are out in the bush in a drought area & every time I feel like a fix I go to city & see traffic lights & unreal people !
all our sales are sight unseen by word of mouth Australiawide as we have 2 choices chase Australiawide or don,t survive, remember in a drought no pay comes in each Thursday, farms don,t grow noone gets anything in town either usually referrals so I believe our credibility stands the time ,
think about it would you hand over $40000 sight unseen, all or most of my customers do but before they do they know someone in their town who has also done it sight unseen & to do that we go on simple ground rules
1) Buyers are Liars & never forget it Sir ( every trade in is told to be as new until we get near it )
2) If in Doubt Miss It out
3) Less Sress is Best
4) If we are all still happy lets come & see if we can do business
No I don,t know Captain or Joe Blow or OFF THE planet or whoever but none of it worries me but I think poor Captain is definitely outnumbered !
I just think both sides of story always need to be heard
& I have heard more negativity re 3.0 Nissan here last two weeks than I had ever realised there could be, but I never see them sitting on roadside with bonnets up everywhere like you do with Falcons in hot areas towing.
Re me I have Toyota @ present but who knows next month
BUT never forget you I or anyone else on here handed over a cheque for something he did not want
WE all make our choice what WE PAY FOR
so let them enjoy it rather than tell them what a bucket of bolts it is, someone said what if nissan not help,
WHAT OTHER COMPANY has done cheap extended warranty for customers due to problem or publicity, I could just imagine Land Rover who cannot even sell their staff cars or Mitsubishi hanging under a cloud whether they will still be here giving help towards ownership/resale etc
ENJOY them all as you did when you bought them you all had your positives then never let that be forgotten.

IT WOULD BE A FUNNY OLD WORLD IF WE ALL LIKED THE SAME
AnswerID: 71539

Follow Up By: Bonz (Vic) - Friday, Aug 06, 2004 at 18:57

Friday, Aug 06, 2004 at 18:57
W, wish I knew your name, I too hate hearing that car dealers are rogues but I have met more rougues than good ones. That being said I would buy off a local guy here who I know to be genuine, Eric, also an EO contributor, whom I believe, to also be genuine and next time I am thru Jerilderie I will call in to say gidday, shake your hand and meet the third genuine car dealer that I know. Don't take it to heart, ones reputation precedes them and for genuine guys thats what counts.

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 331737

Follow Up By: Member - John (Vic) - Friday, Aug 06, 2004 at 19:18

Friday, Aug 06, 2004 at 19:18
If the comments regarding credibility are aimed at me, then I suggest that you read my post carefully again.

As to Bonz's comment regarding Eric, he is one wholesaler in the car industry that I would trust as he has never said to me.
"First time thats ever happened" or "Never had that happen before"

He is a white man and calls them as he See's them.
Without the Bull$hit.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

FollowupID: 331740

Follow Up By: Member - Captain (WA) - Friday, Aug 06, 2004 at 20:28

Friday, Aug 06, 2004 at 20:28
Hi "W",

I like your comments, not because you "like" the 3.0TD, but because you state the facts as you see them AND publish who you are AND your company on the net, that takes a degree of risk.

Some will make a statement, hide behind an anonymous name and then imply "trust me", can't say any more wink, wink. Sorry, but I cannot place much credability on that info, particualrly when it goes against other previously known info.

Car dealers do get a bad wrap. I have yet to come across one I would actually recommend in WA, best I can do is state "xyz" is better than "123" in my experience. But I reckon EO has shown us 2 who certainly seem to be a country mile above the rest, certainly come across as very genuine.

As for the age old discussion about Nissan vs Toyota vs xyz, ALL vehicles have good and bad points. Some more than others but NONE IMHO that make them head and shoulders above the rest (and that includes BMW, Merc etc...). I like a good discussion as much as anyone about the merits of a vehicle, but I do not like rumour and inuendo about any vehicle. This is the first Nissan i have owned, previously it was a Toyota and in fact of my last 8 vehicles, I have had 7 different makes! I do not believe I am brand biased, I simply buy what suits my need the best at the time (and that keeps changing, especially with kids!). And i don't like the chances of my next vehicle being a Nissan!!! While I reckon that my 3.0TD GU suits me best now (and I reckon its a GREAT vehicle), I am certain something else will next time around based on previous experience- who knows, I certainly don't!!!!

Anyway, I certainly hope all have a good weekend.

Cheers

Captain
FollowupID: 331752

Follow Up By: rickwagupatrol - Friday, Aug 06, 2004 at 22:06

Friday, Aug 06, 2004 at 22:06
ummm,hi guys. nice debate going here.
just wanted to say that our 2002 GU III is now about to roll over to 90,000k, and has not been a problem.

rick.
FollowupID: 331773

Reply By: W from Jerilderie Motors Pty Ltd - Friday, Aug 06, 2004 at 19:39

Friday, Aug 06, 2004 at 19:39
To JOHN from VIC
all I read was what you wrote
" the car industry as a whole has a bad reputation "
if you think whatever is no grief to me,
the only ones I worry & care about are MY customers & prospects
I will never take it to heart but as I heard it on TV show last night re Physiotherapists $3000 to fix your back, that guy said as bad as car dealers,
you obviously think it to type it & create doubt in any readers mind
it is very similar to negativity re
3.0 litre
or negativity towards car dealers etc
It is water off a ducks back to me after listening to it for years BUT
YES
I read it here tonight & definitely not on one of my posts,
what in context of your mind may be different as to your answer but I read what was TYPED.
remember Less Stress is Best ENJOY the forum
I would not be on it if I did not want to be
AnswerID: 71555

Follow Up By: Member - John (Vic) - Friday, Aug 06, 2004 at 21:15

Friday, Aug 06, 2004 at 21:15
I wrote
"The car industry as a majority has unfortunately a very poor reputation for telling the truth. "

You wrote
"The car industry as a whole has a bad reputation"

What I wrote is very different to what you wrote.
If you interpret it the way you wrote it, then I can see were your problems in life develop from.

I know several people in the car industry and Have nothing but a high regard for them.
I have also had extensive contact over the years with various dealers during my regular purchase of new vehicles and cannot say the same for some of these people.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

FollowupID: 331762

Reply By: W from Jerilderie Motors Pty Ltd - Friday, Aug 06, 2004 at 20:58

Friday, Aug 06, 2004 at 20:58
REPLY TO ERIC ? from wholesaler Melb

Sorry but if you not sure where in OZ Jerilderie is we better keep buying our own stock ! ( just joking )
but that is why we do not buy any from wholesalers who naturally want their " earn " first. they all want to sell no doubt but we prefer council/Govt tenders where we can see what it is like @ sale rather than city detailed hiding who knows what
We deal solely in Ex Govt direct from Govt or Council & being from the bush & ask any Govt rep who chases the tenders further than any , they will know us, unlike city dealers in their back suits gold chains & sunglasses & are home on the plane for tea, we just wear jeans so we can go over & under every car to our desire & don,t miss many tender opportunities.
You may deal in similar age stock who knows but as you do not know us & I do not know you I personally believe we deal in different ends of the spectre, regardless we only deal in 2002/2003 ex Govt still under new warranty & buying is never a problem, selling is more of a problem, but Thanks for offer
AnswerID: 71581

Follow Up By: Member - Jimbo (VIC) - Friday, Aug 06, 2004 at 21:37

Friday, Aug 06, 2004 at 21:37
W,

I've had a day out with Eric and he is one of the most decent, helpful chaps it has been my pleasure to meet. He will help anyone out. On observation you seem to be a decent bloke as well.

You two could have something going, but I wouldn't have a clue, I'm not in the industry.

Good luck to both of you.
FollowupID: 331766

Follow Up By: Outnabout David (SA) - Saturday, Aug 07, 2004 at 09:56

Saturday, Aug 07, 2004 at 09:56
W,

You Wrote " whoever said re credibility of car dealers now you have really got me going !
I have got feelings yyou know & you just hurt them ! "

And

" I heard it on TV show last night re Physiotherapists $3000 to fix your back, that guy said as bad as car dealers,

and then you go on to have a go at your own proffession :-

" unlike city dealers in their back suits gold chains & sunglasses & are home on the plane for tea"

So are you saying that if we buy cars from Eric or any other car person we have to look if they have the "gold Chains" beware but it is OK if we buy from you?

FollowupID: 331820

Reply By: Andrew - Friday, Aug 06, 2004 at 22:49

Friday, Aug 06, 2004 at 22:49
Just to go back to the original post, GO OFFROAD referred to the shop "doing 3.0 blow up rebuilds".
What are they rebuilding? My understanding is that the motors are FUBAR and being replaced with brand new engines.
AnswerID: 71595

Follow Up By: W from Jerilderie Motors Pty Ltd - Saturday, Aug 07, 2004 at 11:04

Saturday, Aug 07, 2004 at 11:04
Dead right well said what started out here re Nissan has now got to what car dealer etc , buy wherever you are happy it is your $$
FollowupID: 331825

Follow Up By: GO_OFFROAD - Saturday, Aug 07, 2004 at 12:12

Saturday, Aug 07, 2004 at 12:12
Another internet urban myth that one perhaps? , you would like to think they were new enignes.......

Not everyone [re in warranty/out of warranty] gets the same thing either.
FollowupID: 331827

Follow Up By: Andrew - Saturday, Aug 07, 2004 at 23:47

Saturday, Aug 07, 2004 at 23:47
Everyone that has reported on the net has stated that they got a brand new update engine, so I ask again what is involved in the rebuild? Is it a rebuild or transferring external items onto new motors?

Your intense dislike of Nissans is only matched by your total blindness towards Toyota faults.....
FollowupID: 331882

Follow Up By: GO_OFFROAD - Sunday, Aug 08, 2004 at 08:19

Sunday, Aug 08, 2004 at 08:19
So everyone on the net was in a position to tell the engine was new, and you believe everything you read on the net?

The rebuilt engines are updated with the supposed updated design internals to try and get the design faults past warranty, like the 5th gear main shaft splines.

Perhaps you should research things a little better before commenting in future.
FollowupID: 331889

Reply By: W from Jerilderie Motors Pty Ltd - Friday, Aug 06, 2004 at 23:25

Friday, Aug 06, 2004 at 23:25
To Jimbo , re Eric he sounds great guy & we all here for a good time not a razzing no doubt

To John
Re you wrote this I wrote that re car trade
It is water off a ducks back to me after listening to such words no matter what context it was said in for years,
" remember sticks & stones will break my bones but names will never hurt me "
& If you wish to think that well & good I have a tough skin & can handle it just as long as you are happy is all that matters,
& If you think because of the way I interpret something on here means you can see I have whatever problems in life you stated never be afraid to make me aware of those as well, I am a big boy & can handle that too I just appreciate the grammar lessons or pyschology consultation WHERE do I send the fee, as there are no free rides in life as you would be well aware, have a good weekend, I am now leaving this post to get my mind in order out of negativity & into positivity otherwise I may miss a 3.0 Turbo sale tomorrow, I have been so turned against them tonight, it makes me wonder whether I am game to open the door of one again
ENJOY forums about time one on here got a bit of bite in it.
AnswerID: 71605

Follow Up By: Member Eric - Monday, Aug 09, 2004 at 21:42

Monday, Aug 09, 2004 at 21:42
Well after asking a question here , i received member message saying that you were not happy that i asked a question on a open forum . I accepted this and only messaged you in the member messages . I didnt even bother to come back and look at this tread . Today i stumble accross this thread and find you comenting about me in more than one posting . Also I find out i am from some suit brigade with gold chains and sunglasses , who dosnt look under cars to see what they are like . Also i find out that I cant be to much of a wholesaler , because you know every wholesaler in Australia and my name never came up . Come on Mr W , lets give this one a break shall we .

You made your point about the open forum question , but what you dont know , is that i dont push car sales here . I usually refur people into the right direction . i have helped afew get better deals on a new car , but not wioth a profit to myself . I have sold some second hand vehicles to some members and that is it . I think you need to find out more about people before jumping the gun over hidden agendas . I am sure people in NSW will fly down to see me , because of a hidden agenda I did in the forum .
FollowupID: 332119

Reply By: W from Jerilderie Motors Pty Ltd - Saturday, Aug 07, 2004 at 10:57

Saturday, Aug 07, 2004 at 10:57
To OUTNABOUT DAVID
re my reply to Eric the car Wholesaler
I state here regularly I don,t like hidden agendas I like both sides to be aired on forum.
I on here would never approach anyone for business I am looking @ it " too much in time " for enjoyment.
When someone in same industry on public forum asks can they sell us stock & we both advertise on the site I believe that is not in the best interests of site members.
In my " eyes " it tries to make it look as if our business could benefit from his help thus making site members think we should go with whoever not Jerilderie if we need a car, as so & so is a better buyer or stockist. I do not believe that is good business etiquette, our email & phone number is in our advertrisement
I merely stated that in this industry travelling 5000k weekly & never meeting Eric @ a sale or tender & we regularly see opposition @ tenders & sales I do not think we sell same sort of stock, who knows we may but I cannot believe after years of doing it we would have come across one another somewhere.
Re my statement sunglasses gold chains etc, years ago as a young bloke @ auctions I used to look up to the " suit brigade" in this industry & think they were the " guns " as buyers, many years later I now know the difference, the ones in the " suit brigade " @ the sales never kneel down & get under the vehicle to see if it is good or bad in case they get the suit dirty or their sunglasses fall off, we are not that sort of buyer or business, take it as you like & maybe time for me in a business to keep off forums.
But never forget there are manty buyers around who appreciate help they are not all experts like you 4wd forum attendees & $40000 for a secondhand vehicle requires consideration no matter who you are.
To answer your question NO I am not saying buy from us compare to anyone else, people buy in the price range I sell where suits them , not where you I or whoever tells them, remember the internet has opened up public awareness & all our sales are done over it, I have no qualms who rings or buys where, you win some you lose some, different sorts of buyers & sales people, cannot suit everyone, & I reiterate NO HIDDEN AGENDA HERE, you read into it whatever you are happy with.
AnswerID: 71637

Reply By: Flash - Saturday, Aug 07, 2004 at 17:41

Saturday, Aug 07, 2004 at 17:41
I think it was Captain who hit the nail on the head, when he said give us the name of one genuine series III blow up. (And I don't mean the local indigenous people who regularly drive cars into the ground.... or the guy who forgot to tighten his sump plug- they don't count.) There are none!
I have an aquaintance (no he's not my best mate) who has over 300,000 k's on a series III 3.0 litre- no problems and basically only routine maintennance. (The car is on the road 7 days a week with two regular drivers.)

I can tell you however about the workshop who rebuilds 'yotas, Pajeros, Cayennes and more. (If you believe any of that you are more stupid than I thought.)

Smile, be Happy.
AnswerID: 71671

Reply By: WHOISUPWHO - Sunday, Aug 08, 2004 at 01:29

Sunday, Aug 08, 2004 at 01:29
man you guys don,t mind a squabble over there do you
is that go offroad over there that same guy darren mcrae from geeelong who is toyota fanatic had troopie now prado writes offroader and has shed site for his 4wd pics and antics if so hi and it looks like you have not changed i just thought it may be your shed where all nissans are hey bushhog
AnswerID: 71703

Follow Up By: GO_OFFROAD - Sunday, Aug 08, 2004 at 08:30

Sunday, Aug 08, 2004 at 08:30
So your saying that after I posted some info about the 3.0 pootrol engine in Vic, and its my fault everyone has replied the way they have? [LOL]

But going by your input, you obviously want in on what ever you are observing from this thread, or you wouldnt of gone to the effort of doing so ;-)
FollowupID: 331890

Follow Up By: W from Jerilderie Motors Pty Ltd - Sunday, Aug 08, 2004 at 10:44

Sunday, Aug 08, 2004 at 10:44
" OH WHAT A FEELING "
Good to hear you are back GO_OFFROAD,
It takes 2 to tango
I thought now the Captain seemed to be getting a bit of support you had hibernated since Friday ,
no doubt the day will unfold more hilarity
FollowupID: 331898

Follow Up By: W from Jerilderie Motors Pty Ltd - Sunday, Aug 08, 2004 at 10:47

Sunday, Aug 08, 2004 at 10:47
GO _OFFROAD
looks like you have overseas fans on the net
IS IT YOU SHED FLOOR WHERE ALL THESE NISSAN MOTORS ARE
FollowupID: 331899

Follow Up By: Bonz (Vic) - Sunday, Aug 08, 2004 at 10:53

Sunday, Aug 08, 2004 at 10:53
I thionk he was also talking about YOUR replies GO

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 331901

Follow Up By: GO_OFFROAD - Sunday, Aug 08, 2004 at 13:22

Sunday, Aug 08, 2004 at 13:22
Are you a mind reader in your spare time Bonz?
FollowupID: 331915

Follow Up By: Bonz (Vic) - Sunday, Aug 08, 2004 at 13:33

Sunday, Aug 08, 2004 at 13:33
No GO, just a reader

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 331917

Follow Up By: navaraman - Sunday, Aug 08, 2004 at 14:30

Sunday, Aug 08, 2004 at 14:30
Might be none of my business bit if Go_Offroad wanted his name and home town on the internet he wouldn't use a user name.
FollowupID: 331920

Follow Up By: GO_OFFROAD - Sunday, Aug 08, 2004 at 14:52

Sunday, Aug 08, 2004 at 14:52
Then how would you know what anothe rmember was thinking well enough to comment on it then Bonz???

And navaraman, well said, providing he was right of course......
FollowupID: 331922

Follow Up By: Bonz (Vic) - Sunday, Aug 08, 2004 at 17:38

Sunday, Aug 08, 2004 at 17:38
How can I know GO_OFFROAD? Its called perception. Obviously its something you don't possess as your need to have to last say, last dig, or stick it up someone blanks out all other normal qualities. Theres lots more replies from YOU than anyone else here, just propping up your ego and making you feel good. Have a day.

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 331948

Follow Up By: GO_OFFROAD - Sunday, Aug 08, 2004 at 17:52

Sunday, Aug 08, 2004 at 17:52
My perception must be working, as it keeps telling me as long as I keep baiting you, you will keep replying and it hasnt ben wrong yet.........8-)

Though you may choose not to post now, is that being perceptive too ;-)

But of course if I cant post in my own thread, then, why start a thread? ;-)
FollowupID: 331951

Follow Up By: Bonz (Vic) - Sunday, Aug 08, 2004 at 17:58

Sunday, Aug 08, 2004 at 17:58
"My perception must be working, as it keeps telling me as long as I keep baiting you, you will keep replying and it hasnt ben wrong yet.........8-)"

Yes, you seem to be a MASTER BAITER

"Though you may choose not to post now, is that being perceptive too ;-)"

No, Its having to have the last say.......

I await your next reply

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 331953

Follow Up By: GO_OFFROAD - Sunday, Aug 08, 2004 at 21:05

Sunday, Aug 08, 2004 at 21:05
Nah, I think Ive hooked a toadie, time to throw it back....;-)
FollowupID: 331982

Reply By: schevchenko - Sunday, Aug 08, 2004 at 09:59

Sunday, Aug 08, 2004 at 09:59
ZZZzzzzzzZZZZzzzzzz....
AnswerID: 71718

Follow Up By: GO_OFFROAD - Sunday, Aug 08, 2004 at 10:03

Sunday, Aug 08, 2004 at 10:03
now we even have people commenting on the 3.0 patrol acceleration 8-)))))
FollowupID: 331897

Follow Up By: W from Jerilderie Motors Pty Ltd - Sunday, Aug 08, 2004 at 10:50

Sunday, Aug 08, 2004 at 10:50
Won,t be long & GO_OFFROAD will be wanting one for acceleration by the sound of it.
FollowupID: 331900

Follow Up By: GO_OFFROAD - Sunday, Aug 08, 2004 at 13:25

Sunday, Aug 08, 2004 at 13:25
Not likely, had one nissan, that was enough, havent strayed from toyota since, and havent had a car let me down since doing so.

I treat my stuff hard, but I do maintain them well, and i never shop on price.
FollowupID: 331916

Reply By: W from Jerilderie Motors Pty Ltd - Sunday, Aug 08, 2004 at 13:33

Sunday, Aug 08, 2004 at 13:33
To Go_Offroad

" Oh what a feeling "
AnswerID: 71735

Follow Up By: GO_OFFROAD - Sunday, Aug 08, 2004 at 14:54

Sunday, Aug 08, 2004 at 14:54
As you would know W, as you drive a yota yourself you mentioned earlier, even with all those cheaper nissans you have mentioned you resell ;-)
FollowupID: 331923

Follow Up By: W from Jerilderie Motors Pty Ltd - Sunday, Aug 08, 2004 at 18:00

Sunday, Aug 08, 2004 at 18:00
Follow up to GO_OFFROAD
( I am an amateur @ these forums & don,t know IF I have pressed right button to follow up with an answer to your answer ?)
No argument from me Go_Offroad
Toyota are not a bad feeling @ all,
Nissan also sell well for us ( better )
I don,t think they are as bad as you portray them to be
but regardless I like the jibes between the Nissan & Toyota diehard no change brands vehicle fans that this subject got going,
but I am yet to hear or see Series 3 blowup & I may have missed but I have not heard of one on here either
I believe this is a pretty good chance to hear it if it is true as you say,
but sorry I missed if you said where all the crook ones you were speaking of are, regardless tonight as you all go to bed I am going to jump in one & head off on a 1600km sales/delivery trip.
I normally take a torch most nights but because of your undying support re Nissan wonderful powerful reliable 3.0 Litre, tonight I am determined to head off into the dark with nothing but briefcase & pillow, knowing your faith in the product.
FollowupID: 331954

Reply By: GO_OFFROAD - Sunday, Aug 08, 2004 at 15:00

Sunday, Aug 08, 2004 at 15:00
Well, I would like to thank everyone who didnt go to the shop mentioned in this thread, and didnt speak about what engines were which, where they went, and what they were going into, for trying to prove otherwise, defend a position, or pretend it doesnt happen, and an extra thank you to those who cant even remain on topic.

Who would of thought some simple information would draw so many people to either pull their head out of the sand, or stick their head in it.....8-)

Anyway, the facts remain regardless, enough said.
AnswerID: 71742

Follow Up By: Andrew - Sunday, Aug 08, 2004 at 15:31

Sunday, Aug 08, 2004 at 15:31
Absolutely correct GO OFFROAD.

There was a problem with the 3.0 engines produced in the first six months and Nissan moved quickly to correct the problem and replace affected motors, even out of warranty.

Kudos to Nissan, well done.
FollowupID: 331926

Follow Up By: GO_OFFROAD - Sunday, Aug 08, 2004 at 15:55

Sunday, Aug 08, 2004 at 15:55
only 6 months worth?

Interesting, they must of gone into seris 3 and navara too ;-)
FollowupID: 331928

Reply By: W from Jerilderie Motors Pty Ltd - Monday, Aug 09, 2004 at 23:09

Monday, Aug 09, 2004 at 23:09
REPLY TO MEMBER DERIC from your followuo ID332119 9/8/04 @ 9.42pm
After 23 hr trip away last thing I desire is any slanging match re opposition
However let ME correct your reply
No, you did not only message me in member messages Fri night you put it on open web forum as followup ID 331745 6/8/04 @ 19.51pm
now 3 days later after I had answered your "pitch " to us both on forum & to you personally as a member message *
& you being online posting other posts yesterday ( 100 series re IFS changeover cost ) you desire to answer it public forum also as I would if in that position.
1 )See my answer re suit brigade to one of your fans & I not knowing you have any idea if suit fits or not but I speak my mind re buyers for many dealers
2)" also find cannot be much of a wholesaler " I never said such a thing all I said was we ONLY buy ex Govt not through any wholesalers & that is our perogative, just because you hoped that not to be the case from your original post to me is our choice & noone is going to alter that fact.
3) Noone said I or you know every wholesaler in Australia that is your words tonight.
4) Re hidden agendas anyone can go see you me or any car dealer in Australia & that is their choice.
Re any agendas one thing I have learned through this advertising campaign & forum replies etc is to not let business interfere with pleasure & as I judged by your post Fri night when our advertising commitment is over to Exploroz it will not be renewed & that is MY CHOICE.
AnswerID: 71962

Follow Up By: Member Eric - Tuesday, Aug 10, 2004 at 08:08

Tuesday, Aug 10, 2004 at 08:08
Get off the Drugs , I cant find id 332119 , and what does ifs thread got to do with this , I will never know .
FollowupID: 332140

Follow Up By: W from Jerilderie Motors Pty Ltd - Tuesday, Aug 10, 2004 at 10:55

Tuesday, Aug 10, 2004 at 10:55
Eric this is my 3rd try @ answer
Re " get off the drugs I cannot find ID332119 "
It is on this forum it was your answer to me last night

The mudslinging between 2 dealers started @ YOUR REQUEST to try & get a new customer ( us ) on a public forum Fri night.
I did not like it then & like it less today after being accused of being on DRUGS.
That is big words on public internet Sir I will let you decide your answer to that statement
Maybe next time engage brain prior to keyboard.
I have no desire for public mudslinging re car dealers we as a Dealer 64 years do not slay opposition for business, we pride ourselves on ethics not being @ that standard.
I have said before hidden agendas have chance to arise in forums/business/ads
I like all sides to be aired on a public pleasurable forum.
From today all ads by us are cancelled & our business log on number is cancelled also
Everyone enjoy the forums especially The Captain for Nissan & GoOFFROAD for Toyota, you 2 kept it alive
KEEP 4WDING
FollowupID: 332158

Follow Up By: Wombat - Thursday, Aug 19, 2004 at 14:01

Thursday, Aug 19, 2004 at 14:01
So you're taking your bat and ball and going home? Seems just a little bit childish to me W from Jerilderee Motors Pty Ltd! What has your sookie sookie la la tiff with Eric got to do with the operators of this great site? Or are you just grandstanding?
FollowupID: 333413

Sponsored Links