One answer to insurance question

Submitted: Monday, Jul 22, 2002 at 00:00
ThreadID: 1537 Views:1693 Replies:2 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
After many phonecalls & dissappointment we have found a company that claims to insure you anywhere in Australia. The deal, as we understand it, is market value of vehicle & accessories and up to $2000 for camping gear. Sorry, no mention of caravans or trailers but we didn't ask as we won't have one. The company is DGA insurance Brokers (ex BRA Thomas), also known as Australian 4WD Insurance. The Toll Free Number is 1800800471. We have not signed with them as yet but can't see any alternative at present. Thanks to all that replied to previous question, Hope we get around to e-mailing you individually. We welcome any betterinsurance options.
Happy travels all.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Geof - Monday, Jul 22, 2002 at 00:00

Monday, Jul 22, 2002 at 00:00
After Many calls I have come to the same conclusion. Australian 4WD are the ONLY one that will cover unless you have a fixed address.
AnswerID: 5027

Reply By: ernie - Monday, Jul 22, 2002 at 00:00

Monday, Jul 22, 2002 at 00:00
I'm currently insured with TCIS in Adelaide but they have offices in other
states.They do cover you anywhere and they also covered my camping
trailer.To be covered you have to be a member of a 4wd club or a
member of the VKS737 radio network.For more info ring 1800633745 or
08 82787000 or fax 08 82788555. Good luck l
AnswerID: 5044

Follow Up By: Dougie - Monday, Jul 22, 2002 at 00:00

Monday, Jul 22, 2002 at 00:00
Thanks for your reply Ernie. The problem is that tcis will not cover you if you are away from a permanent address for more than 3 months. That means that people on a working holiday around Australia for more than 3 months are not covered. I am a member of tread lightly who offers the tcis deal but they still won't take us on. Misleading advertising perhaps?
Cheers Dougie
FollowupID: 2154

Sponsored Links