Variety Club Plot File - Snail Trail now online

Submitted: Sunday, Aug 08, 2004 at 13:02
ThreadID: 15390 Views:1906 Replies:3 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
The Variety Club 4WD Adventure event concluded yesterday in Coral Bay. As you are probably aware, David was sending GPS data to plot 4 positions per day onto the event page.

He sent me an email with the OziExplorer plot file last night and I uploaded this into PlotSwap PLUS he added the map file to the Satellite Tracking Event Page, which means that all the little orange dots are now joined up so you get to see the full snail trail of the event.

Just a little issue - some of the tracks they drove on are not open to the public. From Onslow - Exmouth David conducted a track survey ahead of the group (who followed a few hours later) as he was asked to drive a track that hadn't been driven on for 30 years (along the coast). I"m sure he'll tell us more about it when he's back - this is as much as I know.
ExplorOz

Business Member
My Profile  My Blog

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Bonz (Vic) - Sunday, Aug 08, 2004 at 13:11

Sunday, Aug 08, 2004 at 13:11
yes I saw that Michelle he beter win this thing I have a lot of money tied up in this sponsorship. Should be full of stories when he returns.
Time is an illusion produced by the passage of history

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 71733

Reply By: Big Kidz (Andrew & Jen) - Sunday, Aug 08, 2004 at 16:13

Sunday, Aug 08, 2004 at 16:13
Hi Michelle
Good to hear the news about David but I thought that he would be taking over as Mr Mum now and that you would be sunning yourself in Broome by now - seeing the Variety thing ended yesterday. David as Mr Mum for a week or two - why not while you take your turn on holiday - though feeding might be problematic.

Look forward to hearing about his adventures soon.

Andrew
AnswerID: 71749

Follow Up By: Michelle from ExplorOz - Sunday, Aug 08, 2004 at 23:10

Sunday, Aug 08, 2004 at 23:10
Ha ha - hardy ha! I'm afraid he's still travelling, cause although it's officially finished, he's still got to get home from Coral Bay to Perth which is still a 2-3 day drive and then I'm sure he'll be so "exhausted" that he'll want to be pampered etc! So, guys its still me at the helm here for a while yet... but I've got the Broome brochures out just in case!
ExplorOz

Business Member
My Profile  My Blog

FollowupID: 331992

Reply By: Member - Rohan K - Monday, Aug 09, 2004 at 15:24

Monday, Aug 09, 2004 at 15:24
Ah, the snail trail makes it much better Michelle. Perhaps you should suggest to Sat Nav that they include a simplified snail trail in the product. Of course, that means they'd have to take several position feeds a day so their pricing might make it prohibitively expensive.
AnswerID: 71887

Sponsored Links