Come out of the woodwork

Submitted: Sunday, Aug 08, 2004 at 17:37
ThreadID: 15399 Views:1912 Replies:3 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Now I have your attention.
There must be more than a couple of us in Australia that own Terracans!!!!
I have just turned over 20,000kms today. Not much as actual 4WD'ing but it is going great.
Up to Lightning Ridge and back to Bathurst last weekend and did my first bit on dirt roads and it went perfect. Was surprised how well it handled on corragates and rough dirt road. Travelled about 400kms around the Ridge on all types of rough roads and I was very impressed with the Terracan.
Yeh, I know I am biased towards it but hope to give it some more 4WD testing in the next few weeks.
Still very happy with my purchase as I am sure other Terracan owners are.
Cheers and now time for a cold homebrew. (It's that cold in Bathurst I don't even need to put the homebrew in the fridge).
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Baz (NSW) - Sunday, Aug 08, 2004 at 17:42

Sunday, Aug 08, 2004 at 17:42
Very under rated car, Jimbo and Tim rave about them and apparently at gembrook they surprised evryone on how well they went offroad.
AnswerID: 71759

Follow Up By: Baz (NSW) - Sunday, Aug 08, 2004 at 17:50

Sunday, Aug 08, 2004 at 17:50
Brian still coming to bendethra.
FollowupID: 331950

Reply By: Member - Brian (Gold Coast) - Monday, Aug 09, 2004 at 08:25

Monday, Aug 09, 2004 at 08:25
fellow clubby has a Terracan... his only disappointment with it is it's lack of height.. something he hopes to remedy soon. It certainly takes him and his family where they want to go... and it seems a nice car!
It's a matter of what you want to do with it.... same as whether to buy a Corolla ot a Statesman .... kinda!
:-)
AnswerID: 71829

Reply By: Terracan - Monday, Aug 16, 2004 at 11:58

Monday, Aug 16, 2004 at 11:58
Hi Brian

Our Terracan is about 14 months old, we traded up from a Suzuki Grand Vitara due to space requirements. The Terracan has done approx. 16,000 kms and (touch wood) relatively fault free.

It's the wife's car, and we manage to get it off road 4 - 5 times a year. My most recent outing was to Gembrook in Victoria. It was a ball and others in the group with modified 4WDs were surprised at how the Terracan went with standard tyres.

We are really happy with our Terracan, and look forward to hearing how others feel. I am also interested in hearing about mods/accessories. The plan is to do a lift and tyres later this year.

Chris
AnswerID: 72777

Sponsored Links