melb. metro maps

Submitted: Monday, Aug 09, 2004 at 12:08
ThreadID: 15419 Views:1867 Replies:2 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Just lazy (or stupid), but does anybody have any digitized maps of the Melb metro area, or point me to where I can get them. I have finally got my mouse gps and palm pda working and all the maps I have are the Hema desert ones. I haven't got the time to get there yet...but I want to play with my new toy before I do. Alternatively - is it easy to scan my own paper maps and calibrate them for utm or similar. Any help will be appreciated.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Gary W (VIC) - Monday, Aug 09, 2004 at 13:56

Monday, Aug 09, 2004 at 13:56
I cheated a bit and made some Melbourne Metro maps from screen grabs of the streetdirectory.com.au site. Its a bit tedious. So if you don't have the time then spend the bucks. There are also some free maps on the OziExplorer web site. But you get what you pay for.

Gaz
AnswerID: 71870

Reply By: jeffrey - Friday, Aug 27, 2004 at 15:51

Friday, Aug 27, 2004 at 15:51
Online Printed maps of Victoria
Vicmap now has PDF A4 topogrpahic maps available online covering the state of Victoria, each at a a scale of 1:30,000, which are derived directly from the latest availble information. Go to www.land.vic.gov.au/vicmap, then scroll down to Published Series Maps, and select Vicmap Topographic Maps 1:30,000

Digital mapping information of Victoria
Same website, but plug in www.land.vic.gov.au/vicmapdata

Cheers
Jeffrey Green
AnswerID: 74268

Sponsored Links