Photo's - IFS - Well protected.

Submitted: Monday, Aug 09, 2004 at 15:37
ThreadID: 15423 Views:2032 Replies:1 FollowUps:3
This Thread has been Archived
Just for anyone who is interested, I have taken some photo's with my front bash plate removed (I was extending my diff beathers on the weekend) and took some photo's of the car for my website (showing people how to extend diff breathers on a surf) and thought that you guys may be interested to see under the "skin" of IFS.
My rig photo's (click on the picutre below) shows two views, one zoomed in the other a wider shot. You can see that the CV's and Diff are both very well protected even with the bash plate removed.
NOTE:- This is not a stir up, just for anyone who is interested. I thought it was interesting anyway.

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Nick (TAS) - Monday, Aug 09, 2004 at 17:54

Monday, Aug 09, 2004 at 17:54
Gday Jeff,yep there well protected alright.Last year on our way into Palm Valley I missed see'ing some deep holes in the track(it was sand with sun in eyes) and hit them abit quick resulting in a quite spectacular bounce down the track which stoved the bash plate in on the cross member.But didnt break anything in the front suspension(did break a sub tank bracket off though).Have you seen the Ball Joint spacers they fit when combined with a 2" torsion bar lift give you another 1" lift,then you drop the diff 1" and your CV's are running at near normal angle.Plan to fit it soon on our 4 Runner.
AnswerID: 71908

Follow Up By: Member - Jeff M (WA) - Tuesday, Aug 10, 2004 at 11:49

Tuesday, Aug 10, 2004 at 11:49
Nick very interested in your sub tank and water tank configuration. I am very close to fitting my water tanks. I have found what I thought to be the best solution was two 30L tanks side by side where the spare tyre well is under the back. That way I have 60L in two tanks (in case one gets damaged or contaminated) and they would fit sweet with only 150mm depth meaning they would be nice and high under the back so hopfully won't get clobered.
My only concern now is where the hell I'm going to be able to put a aux fuel tank. How have you got yours configured?
PS How much did you pay for your poly airs?
FollowupID: 332160

Follow Up By: Member - Nick (TAS) - Tuesday, Aug 10, 2004 at 19:15

Tuesday, Aug 10, 2004 at 19:15
The PolyAirs cost about $250 and I fitted them myself.
FollowupID: 332246

Follow Up By: Member - Nick (TAS) - Tuesday, Aug 10, 2004 at 19:18

Tuesday, Aug 10, 2004 at 19:18
Forgot to mention,sent you a member message regarding Tanks.
FollowupID: 332248

Sponsored Links