Tough Tojo - A Bit Morbid.

Submitted: Tuesday, Aug 10, 2004 at 13:09
ThreadID: 15450 Views:2410 Replies:3 FollowUps:4
This Thread has been Archived
Those two drongos who ram raided the Gun Mart in Midvale yesterday were driving a Tojo 79 series Firetruck Land Cruiser. I was down there getting some video footage from our surveillance cameras yesterday morning. To see what the tojo did was pretty unbelivable. They drove straight through a half meter high wall connected to high glass windows with iron bars behind them, then after going through that it plowed it's way through a pile of about 10 or so gun safes that were stacked up in front of it. They then stole all the guns and proceeded to get into a high speed chase with the cops!
Go the toyota, bloody tough bugger hey!

Thankfully they did not getaway with any guns, as the half filled water tank on the back of the tojo did not take well to the high speed persuit, it ended fatally for one of the boys and the other is not looking well for those who are unaware. (they were not wearing setbelts - say no more).
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Well 55 - Tuesday, Aug 10, 2004 at 13:23

Tuesday, Aug 10, 2004 at 13:23
A Nissan patrol was used to drive in through locked double doors and do a U turn to exit out through a window in the Labour Club in Canberra at 4am the other day. Cleaned up a heap of tables and poker machines.

After coming out jumped off a raised garden bed wrote off two parked cars and still managed to drive away. Police found him a couple of k away, not sure if the GU was still going or driveable.
AnswerID: 72023

Follow Up By: Member - Jeff M (WA) - Tuesday, Aug 10, 2004 at 13:26

Tuesday, Aug 10, 2004 at 13:26
The saying "drive it like you stole it" probally is the key factor I guess... Amazing what our vehicles will do if we don't plan on ever driving them again I spose...
FollowupID: 332180

Follow Up By: Member - Brett H (QLD) - Tuesday, Aug 10, 2004 at 18:20

Tuesday, Aug 10, 2004 at 18:20
I think that Nissan was fitted with a modified-to-fit Genuine Toyota bullbar! lol
FollowupID: 332235

Follow Up By: spotgj - Wednesday, Aug 11, 2004 at 22:18

Wednesday, Aug 11, 2004 at 22:18
Amazing feat for a Nissan these days you need to sleep in the car to keep it safe. Yesterday I bought my Mk 5 Acco 6wheel drive home and parked it nearby,Ive had trouble with a brake releasing and despite a 7.1 diff i was flat out @30 MPh, it was stolen and driven to local shoping mall to ram raid a bank ,how the hell they worked out how to start it and work the gears beats me ( it has a 5speed box and a 4 position transfer lever with a air shift and can climb1to 1.67 grade) they were caught and I located the truck at the police station...I had just bought it the day before...army vehicles do not have locks or keys so in ermemgeny anyone can get to saftey, so its looks like huge chains or one angry dog .
FollowupID: 332414

Reply By: Nudenut - Tuesday, Aug 10, 2004 at 16:55

Tuesday, Aug 10, 2004 at 16:55
what can one say?
except....they derserved what they got ...at a minimum
AnswerID: 72053

Follow Up By: Member - Jeff M (WA) - Tuesday, Aug 10, 2004 at 17:17

Tuesday, Aug 10, 2004 at 17:17
Yeah, agree, but was trying to be a little politically correct in my origional post so as not to get hammered too much by the crew! ;-)
FollowupID: 332219

Reply By: Vince NSW - Tuesday, Aug 10, 2004 at 18:55

Tuesday, Aug 10, 2004 at 18:55
A few years ago our Bush Fire Brigade was called to a car on fire.
The clowns that had stolen it and tourched it had managed to get it to a olace that only a tracked veh would normally be able to go.
Just goes to show that we could get our 4by to go to some strange places if we got rid of the fear factor and did NOT have to pay for the damage
Vince
AnswerID: 72068

Sponsored Links