Pajero IO 2000

Submitted: Tuesday, Aug 10, 2004 at 13:26
ThreadID: 15451 Views:2185 Replies:3 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Any opinions on 2000 Pajero IO with very low kms as a starting point for a non hardcore 4WD? I basically want the ability to be able to do some offroad stuff, but have budget restrictions both for outlay and running costs.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: cj - Tuesday, Aug 10, 2004 at 15:26

Tuesday, Aug 10, 2004 at 15:26
I think that they are not a bad little vehicle although the later version with the 2.0 would be better. Just understand that there is basically nothing available aftermarket for them if you want to get a bit more enthusiastic. A Suzuki Grand Vitara would allow the vehicle to grow in capabilities as there is a lot more support for them ie. lockers(front & rear), rockhoppers(auto), diff ratios, suspension, snorkel(in a few weeks) bodylift(full chassis not moncoque) etc. The iO is fine for a vehicle that will only see mild tracks. The GV also comes with a 1.6 or 2.0 4cyl in the 3dr and a 2.0 4cyl & 2.5V6 in the 5dr.
AnswerID: 72041

Reply By: AK - Tuesday, Aug 10, 2004 at 19:01

Tuesday, Aug 10, 2004 at 19:01
I agree with CJ, a Suzuki GV would be a better option. I looked at the iO & GV and decided on the Suzuki and was very pleased with my choice. The Suzi had much more storage room and power and was a great little car. I also think the iO has been discontinued but don't quote me on that.
Cheers
AK
AnswerID: 72071

Reply By: geoff - Thursday, Aug 12, 2004 at 09:49

Thursday, Aug 12, 2004 at 09:49
Did a 3 month trip up googs track, thru alice, along the tanami, thru the GRR to Broome, then back to Canberra via Darwin then East coast last year with a group of friends, one of these little things accompanied us on the trip quite happilly. It only had the driver however and the rest of the interior, (and roof rack) was taken up with gear. Had to struggle a bit on some of the better sand dunes on Googs and a few bits, (diff gaurd, exhaust mounts) rattled off due to the corrugations, and dont get me started on the tyre problems it had, (but I'm sure that was an issue with the particular brand of tyres and there are other options I'm sure), however for a LITTLE car it was quite capable..
AnswerID: 72257

Sponsored Links