Question for Bitsubmishin

Submitted: Thursday, Aug 12, 2004 at 12:20
ThreadID: 15494 Views:1445 Replies:4 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
Noticed the Bull bar on your challenger. I must say it is one of the better looking ones i have seen.
Where did you get it from?
I am after one myself
TIA
Cheers
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Bitsumishin - Mike (WA) - Thursday, Aug 12, 2004 at 19:41

Thursday, Aug 12, 2004 at 19:41
If your looking at the RIG pic, distance makes an amazing difference. You cant see the big dent in the bottom half just under the drivers side spotty, an altercation with a slightly larger than contemplated stump(mind you not nearly as bad as the petrol tanks remoulding). If you've seen it on the road, then you need an optometrist..... Just kidding. Its sold by Parkside Towbars in WA (I think they manufacture them but I couldn't guarantee it). One thing to look out for though is its nearly impossible to reach the spotty nuts without removing the roobar from the car. Good you think? well not if they start rattling loose on the road to Steep Point. Those spotties have since rattled loose & I can't be stuffed taking the roobar off to re-mount them.
AnswerID: 72350

Follow Up By: Bitsumishin - Mike (WA) - Thursday, Aug 12, 2004 at 19:50

Thursday, Aug 12, 2004 at 19:50
I should also add that if you've seen it on the road, it may have been the bash plate you noticed thinking it was part of the roobar. That is 6mm marine grade Ali that I had made when the Mitsubishi ones ended up looking like clingwrap around the undercarriage.
FollowupID: 332558

Reply By: green man - Thursday, Aug 12, 2004 at 20:55

Thursday, Aug 12, 2004 at 20:55
I have only seen it on the WEB
My long distance vision is not that good (i live in SA)
I will give them a ring and see if they can help me out

Would it be possible to get a bit more detail on the bash plate as mine too looks nothing like it did when it left the factory.
Mitsubishi didn't believe i just wanted to put a few hole to let air onto the dif (ie bash plate met a few rocks) and i dont want to pay $300 for a new mitsa one

You can email if you want.
cheers
AnswerID: 72377

Follow Up By: Bitsumishin - Mike (WA) - Friday, Aug 13, 2004 at 08:41

Friday, Aug 13, 2004 at 08:41
I had it made by a local boat builder over here. It cost me nearly $300- but it is very strong & replaces both the tinny ones Mitzi provide. I use the same securing points so I didn't have to drill into the chassis. I also got him to put a hole in it for the oild drain plug on the correct side (The Mitsi one is on the wrong side & you needed to take the bash plate off to drain the oil. 'fraid I'm not crash hot on links to pics etc but if you let me know your email, I can send a few pics
FollowupID: 332614

Reply By: green man - Friday, Aug 13, 2004 at 14:44

Friday, Aug 13, 2004 at 14:44
That would be great
tim.mel@bigpond.com
Cheers
AnswerID: 72463

Reply By: actionblokart.com - Thursday, Aug 19, 2004 at 22:25

Thursday, Aug 19, 2004 at 22:25
Gooday. I have just acquired a 1998 Challenger and would love to see some pics of your mods. Please send to dgolding01@optusnet.com.au

And check out my website http://www.actionblokarts.com

Cheers
Dave
AnswerID: 73342

Sponsored Links