Where to get Steel Rims for 80 Series

Submitted: Friday, Aug 13, 2004 at 14:20
ThreadID: 15527 Views:1397 Replies:1 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
A couple of week ago I was looking for a set of steel rims for my 80 series cruiser.
I found them at Mooranda Tyres in Ringwood Vic for $60.00 each.

They are Prado steel rims 16"x7" and fit great, but I found that some places try to get $150.00 per rim, (supply and demand).

So to all the people that have rang me to find out where I got them from, try above or any major trye retailer as they sometimes have them out back.

Just ring around and ask.

I found Essendon Tyrepower very helpful also.

Tony. N

I have no affiliation (sp) with any of these people.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Jack - Friday, Aug 13, 2004 at 20:11

Friday, Aug 13, 2004 at 20:11
Most tyre places would have them. Last year I bought 5 new ATs from Bob Jane here on the Central Coast, and I told him I needed rims for them to go on, and if he wanted the deal he had to come up with the rims ... no charge. He did. As it turns out, the local Toyota dealer takes his new cars there when customers want different tyres/wheels fitted when they buy them.
so had had them sitting out the back somewhere. Mine were Prado rims as well.
Jack
The hurrieder I go, the behinder I get. (Lewis Carroll-Alice In Wonderland)

My Profile  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 72524

Follow Up By: Member- Peter & Mrs Peter, Lez - Saturday, Aug 14, 2004 at 13:11

Saturday, Aug 14, 2004 at 13:11
Jack, if they charge anything like Bob Jane here they got their money for the rims in the price they charged you for the tyres!
FollowupID: 332765

Follow Up By: Utemad - Saturday, Aug 14, 2004 at 15:21

Saturday, Aug 14, 2004 at 15:21
Bob Janes are franchises.

My local Bob Jane has the best prices on any tyre I have ever bought. I always shop around and have still always bought from them in the end. Excellent service too.

Utemad
FollowupID: 332779

Sponsored Links