Diesel Engine Overhaul

Submitted: Monday, Jul 29, 2002 at 00:00
ThreadID: 1605 Views:2061 Replies:2 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
I have a 1982 Diesel Landcruiser with a motor that has way too much crankcase pressure. It has done 410 thousand km.
The problem has become more of an issue over the last couple of months and now it has blown a front seal.
I am looking for a good place to have the work done on it in or near Adelaide.
So far Nicks Mechanical Repairs at Clearview has given me the best quote for a full rebuild.
Maybe you know someone else.
All the best,
Peter
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: jono - Monday, Jul 29, 2002 at 00:00

Monday, Jul 29, 2002 at 00:00
Sorry peter, cant help you but just out of interest what was your quote??
AnswerID: 5225

Follow Up By: Peter - Tuesday, Jul 30, 2002 at 00:00

Tuesday, Jul 30, 2002 at 00:00
jono, I put this in the wrong place. Here it is again.
without seeing the vehicle, and working off my description over the phone he gave me a price of $3,200 for the worst case.
The worst case would include, new pistons & rings. (I assume a re-bore) a crank grind and new bearings, crack test and
cracked head welding, with associated work, like valve grind etc. I believe that oil etc. is included in the price, however
clutch, fuel pump & injectors and other mechanical parts are not. He suggested waiting until after the engine was done
to establish the performance of the fuel pump. It would then have a good motor to set a reference to.
I am assuming that they have all facilities in house. In addition, they give a 2 year written warranty.
The price includes removal & refit. Work is expected to take 2 weeks. The price will be less if some of the above is not required.
I consider that this is a very fair price, and I will be taking up their offer as soon as I can raise the cash.
They also do exchange engines and other general repair work.
Hope that this helps. All the best, Peter - proyal@olis.net.au
FollowupID: 2257

Reply By: Peter - Tuesday, Jul 30, 2002 at 00:00

Tuesday, Jul 30, 2002 at 00:00
jono,
without seeing the vehicle, and working off my description over the phone he gave me a price of $3,200 for the worst case.
The worst case would include, new pistons & rings. (I assume a re-bore) a crank grind and new bearings, crack test and
cracked head welding, with associated work, like valve grind etc. I believe that oil etc. is included in the price, however
clutch, fuel pump & injectors and other mechanical parts are not. He suggested waiting until after the engine was done
to establish the performance of the fuel pump. It would then have a good motor to set a reference to.
I am assuming that they have all facilities in house. In addition, they give a 2 year written warranty.
The price includes removal & refit. Work is expected to take 2 weeks. The price will be less if some of the above is not required.
I consider that this is a very fair price, and I will be taking up their offer as soon as I can raise the cash.
They also do exchange engines and other general repair work.
Hope that this helps. All the best, Peter - proyal@olis.net.au
AnswerID: 5244

Sponsored Links