Getting to Barrington Tops NP?

Submitted: Tuesday, Aug 06, 2002 at 00:00
ThreadID: 1658 Views:1791 Replies:3 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Hi,

I am planning to visit Barrington Tops NP in mid August and hopefully camp at the Gloucester Tops/River camping ground. Can anyone tell me is this road will be accessible in 2WD and will the road that leads there (Gloucester Tops Rd I think?) be open etc at this time of year?

Thanks for any info you can give me!

Adam
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Kimbo - Tuesday, Aug 06, 2002 at 00:00

Tuesday, Aug 06, 2002 at 00:00
Hi Adam
you will not have any problems getting in there So long as there hasnt been a lot of rain there are 7 I think river xings which can be negotiated in a 2wd with care but if there has been a lot of rain you can take the alternative flood route which is thru private property and this can be negotiated easily. I was up at this site 3 weeks ago and it was very dry so i cant really see you having any problems
Kimbo
AnswerID: 5455

Reply By: Rob & Carol - Tuesday, Aug 06, 2002 at 00:00

Tuesday, Aug 06, 2002 at 00:00
Yeap the road in to the Gloucester River camping area from the Buckets Way is fine for two wheel drives, as Kim has said.

The road up to Gloucester Tops itself from the camping area is dirt too & ok for your vehicle .

This is one of our favourite camping areas in 'our backyard'.

You might want to get yourself a copy of the CMA topo map, GLOUCESTER TOPS 9233-1V-N to find your way round.

The Forestry Commission of NSW map BARRINGTON TOPS State Forest will give you a good guide if you venture up onto the main Barrington Plateau itself.

Happy camping
Rob & Carol
AnswerID: 5457

Reply By: Adamski - Wednesday, Aug 07, 2002 at 00:00

Wednesday, Aug 07, 2002 at 00:00
Excellent! Thanks for the info Kimbo, Rob & Carrol... I can't wait to see the Tops, they sound great!

Cheers
Adam
AnswerID: 5467

Sponsored Links