Should I receive a copy of the papers I sign when signing for waranty work at..

Submitted: Wednesday, Aug 07, 2002 at 00:00
ThreadID: 1662 Views:2043 Replies:2 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
large dealership workshop. Each time I have a waranty claim for my Nissan in Brisbane, I am told to sign some papers before my new 4WD
can be repaired. I found strange I never receive a copy of the papers I sign. I found that very sytrange and unethical NOT to receive a copy
of the document I signed. It looks like this "invoice/documentation" is to allow the Nissan workshop to carry repair.
I have asked the workshop manager to give me a copy of the document I sign , but instead he gives me NOTHING.
The worshop manager told me he does not need to give me any copy of document I signed because this is an Internal matter between
Nissan and the authorized owrhshop and because I do not pay anything for that repair because my car is under waranty. This has happened
at least 30 times and many times the waranty work made by the workshop has been incorrect or needed to be redone. Does any one has a
solution. Which means to day I'll have great difficulties to prove that some mechanical fault is coming from shoddy/bad/terrible repair jobs.
I have not got any paper trail. I just pick up my Nissan 4WD and drive away. never any paper work is given to me.
I found this unethical and I should have the right to have at least the copy of document that I sign. This is for any Nissan waranty job around the country.
This happened to me in Melbourne the same. Any answer and clues of my legal right would be appreciated regarding the right to have a copy of the documents I am signing.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Dazmit - Wednesday, Aug 07, 2002 at 00:00

Wednesday, Aug 07, 2002 at 00:00
A toyota dealer gave me an itemised invoice when I had the front axle seals repaired under warranty - The only differance to a normal invoice was the cost was $0.

I would be ringing Nissan Australia & changing dealers as it sounds like they perform poor work & don't want you to have a proof of it.
AnswerID: 5465

Follow Up By: Peter - Thursday, Aug 08, 2002 at 00:00

Thursday, Aug 08, 2002 at 00:00
Dazmit, Thanks for your answer. I needed to know was is usually done around regarding paper work for waranty claims.
I aggree, they sure have poor worksmanship. I will ring Nissan Australia.
FollowupID: 2364

Reply By: stephen - Sunday, Aug 18, 2002 at 00:00

Sunday, Aug 18, 2002 at 00:00
Peter i have experienced this before with holden and now the same with subaru, all you can do is try and stay friendly with the service manager so if you do need to make a claim down the track something may be done, im currently having problems with my subaru gearbox which wouldnt play up the day subaru tested it, all they do is put it on the computer
steve
AnswerID: 5803

Sponsored Links