suitable 4WD for trip round Australia

Submitted: Wednesday, Aug 07, 2002 at 00:00
ThreadID: 1670 Views:2300 Replies:3 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
We are planning to travel through Australia for about 1 year, starting April 2003. Although we do not want to take too high risks we think we are better off with a 4WD. Not beeing teenagers anymore, we appreciate certain comfort like big water tank (> 100 l), fridge (80 l), toilet/shower, enough storage, oven, heating (required at all in Oz?), air condition.
What kind of vehicle meets our requirements?
Would you have addresses for second-hand dealers in the Brisbane area?
Thanks for your reply and greetings from Switzerland.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Ray - Thursday, Aug 08, 2002 at 00:00

Thursday, Aug 08, 2002 at 00:00
Hi Beatrice & Max ,
It may not b necessary to have a 4wd for your trip as there is a lot of Aust to see on good roads. I also dont know whether some of the 4wd vehicles for hire might meet your requirements. You see a lot of foreign tourists travelling in Toyota 4wd hired out by Britz if u want to visit their site. Also a lot of tourists travel in Maui or Britz campers which vary in size from smaller campers to truck like ones much the same as seen in Europe. If you want to learn fist hand from someone who recently travelled around aussie in a large Britz van i can give u their email address in England. We met these people at Caloundra in Queensland and had a nice time. They were a retired couple and probably had similar needs to yourselves.
I live in Brisbane, if i hear of any dealers i will let u know, hope this is of some help.
regards Ray
AnswerID: 5488

Reply By: ray - Friday, Aug 09, 2002 at 00:00

Friday, Aug 09, 2002 at 00:00
further to my reply yesterday i have found at least 2 dealers in Brisbane that either hire or sell used motorhomes/campers. they can b found at the following sites:
www.apollocamper.com.au
www.motorcamper.com.au
maybe these might be of help
regards Ray
AnswerID: 5530

Reply By: Beatrice and Max - Friday, Aug 09, 2002 at 00:00

Friday, Aug 09, 2002 at 00:00
Hi Ray
Thanks for your response. Actually, we definitely thought of buying a camper rather than renting. We did so in the US and travelled through North America in our own camper for over two years.
We will have a look at the web-sites you stated.
AnswerID: 5553

Sponsored Links