country fire service maps around the Vic high country

Submitted: Sunday, Aug 11, 2002 at 00:00
ThreadID: 1692 Views:1252 Replies:2 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Could any body be able to tell me where i can purchase these maps in book form or any form available, I am planning a trip around
the high country and i have been told i can get these maps but not were from, if someone could help.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Grinner - Monday, Aug 12, 2002 at 00:00

Monday, Aug 12, 2002 at 00:00
Bob, Try the Melbourne Map Centre ( They carry an excellent range of maps, and know which maps are best for the areas you want to go to.
AnswerID: 5605

Reply By: Darryn - Monday, Aug 12, 2002 at 00:00

Monday, Aug 12, 2002 at 00:00
Bob the maps you are asking about are the CFA region maps which are available from your local CFA brigade or regional office. These cover a fair area but are only 1:100,000 scale and are not as up to date as they could be for high country work plus you would need about 3 books to cover the high country in total. A better bet are the Natmap 1:50,000 scale maps which are more up to date and have much better detail. These are carried by most camping and outdoor shops and the advantage of going to the shop is you can look and see the maps of where you want to go and buy the appropriate maps.
Regd's Darryn
AnswerID: 5617

Sponsored Links