Decking out a Jackaroo for Travelling

Submitted: Tuesday, Aug 13, 2002 at 00:00
ThreadID: 1712 Views:2100 Replies:3 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
I recently bought a 99TD Jack and I need some advice/ideas on how to set up the back for travelling.
I setup my feroza quite well with a fridge slide (engel 40) and a false floor which worked great but I don't know how/where to start with the jack.
Has anyone done it before? I prefer to keep away from the big draw systems because of the huge setup cost, I would much rather spend a weekend building something myself.
Tim
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Des - Tuesday, Aug 13, 2002 at 00:00

Tuesday, Aug 13, 2002 at 00:00
Tim......experience has taught me a couple of things in relation to setting up generally. Do a couple of small trips with things just in place, somehow you then seem to find where and how things are best placed for you. I have "bolted" it in place only to find that it was wrong in actual use. I think most of us come back from trips having thoughts about shifting something. All the best, stay upright. Des
AnswerID: 5658

Reply By: geoff - Tuesday, Aug 13, 2002 at 00:00

Tuesday, Aug 13, 2002 at 00:00
Hi Tim I have a 2001 petrol and have built a draw system in the back I will take a Photo of it and e-mail it to you if you want to send me your address. I have a slide for the fridge as well. If you can weld you can build a system for around $350.00 that is the full length of the back with all the seats removed. It doesent rattle and the draws and the fridge all move on bearings. The cost of the bearings was$90.00 for 30 of them.You will most likely spend more then a weekend at it.I also built a cargo barrier that bolts on the back of the drawers.I have used them and they are great.

Regards Geoff

AnswerID: 5661

Follow Up By: Tim - Wednesday, Aug 14, 2002 at 00:00

Wednesday, Aug 14, 2002 at 00:00
Yeah email the pictures if you could.
Thanks Tim
tjegan@kooee.com.au
FollowupID: 2467

Reply By: Darian - Friday, Aug 16, 2002 at 00:00

Friday, Aug 16, 2002 at 00:00
In the back of my 99 TD / SE, I made a false floor from ply and marine carpeted it. Divided the under side into two sections, tailored to fit a
number of big and small plastic bins. I carry recovery items, spares and tools tec. under there. Above the false floor, I have the 3 way fridge
one side (stays in there for the trip - runs on gas when stopped) and the aluminium frame "carry all" on the other side (probably a 60/40
sideways split). The carry all takes 12 plastic bins for food and kitchen type gear. Lower section of the
carry all has a drawer for the cooking hardware.Thats my basic set up - post all of that, I managed to fit in some lighting, an extinguisher,
an inverter and a nicad charger. I even use to have the flying doc radio on top of the carry all (now on the rear passenger floor).
If you try enough, you can sort out really compact solutions to a lot of needs.
My latest project was to squeeze a custom tailored 25 litre, SS water tank in between the cargo barrier and the aforementioned items on
the false floor - water is plumbed out to the rear work area.
With a card table that slides out from under the false floor (as a shelf - or table). I'm happy.
Sorry - don't have a photo - should I ?...........
Darian
AnswerID: 5771

Sponsored Links