Mounting Chescold fridge on drawbar

Submitted: Tuesday, Apr 03, 2001 at 00:00
ThreadID: 172 Views:3733 Replies:3 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Does anyone know of a box that is available for mounting a Chescold fridge on the drawbar of a camper trailer. We know that Aussie Swag make them but they will not sell us one.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: David Harper - Tuesday, Apr 03, 2001 at 00:00

Tuesday, Apr 03, 2001 at 00:00
Hi Simon, have you tried the local sheet metal worker in your area, most will be only to happy to accomodate your request, fax your measurements to a few of them & then take the best quote, cheers, David, A-TREK CAMPER & CAMPING HIRE, Brisbane.
AnswerID: 334

Reply By: Joe McDermott - Tuesday, Apr 03, 2001 at 00:00

Tuesday, Apr 03, 2001 at 00:00
Simon,
I have seen the Aussie Swag boxes and it raised some questions for me, particularly in the event of actually running the fridge while travelling. Quite apart from wanting to mount a fridge on a sprung base, I was concerned that any box (including Aussie Swags) would need ventilation to allow the fridge to work while travelling, and that ventilation would also allow dust ingress. Dust is of course not a good thing to introduce into electric motors or gas jets.
I wouldnt do it, but if you insist then I am sure you will find a sheet metal worker to create one for you.
A friend of mine also runs up some stainless steel sprung feet for mounting fridges, so if you want some of them please let me know. I believe he asks about $100 per set, but they are indestructible and very effective. I can send you a picture if you wish.
Good luck
Joe
AnswerID: 336

Reply By: Joe - Wednesday, Apr 25, 2001 at 00:00

Wednesday, Apr 25, 2001 at 00:00
Simon,

There is a company on the Gold Coast called Annona that have a growing sideline in building storage solutions in aluminium chequerplate.

Check them out at
http://www.sierraweb.com.au/aiss/
They seem to be worth a look and they will definitely be able to build your fridge box for you.

They will also be able to build some sort of filtering mechanism to try to keep the dust out.

Good Luck.

Joe
AnswerID: 370

Sponsored Links