Kanga offroad camper trailers - advice

Submitted: Friday, Aug 16, 2002 at 00:00
ThreadID: 1736 Views:2241 Replies:1 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Hi ....I am a first timer for this forum and like a lot of others am looking for any advice from the users out there regarding any personal knowledge of Kanga offroad camper trailers (Wodonga Vic).....I have narrowed my choices down to one of their ind/susp models....Any experience or advice re their quality and performance woudl be appreciated....thanks....Mal
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Chris - Friday, Aug 16, 2002 at 00:00

Friday, Aug 16, 2002 at 00:00
Mal.... We purchased one of their BIG RED DELUXE off road trailers in 98 and since then have used it on various local off road camping jaunts over long weekends while we were members of a local 4wd club as well as travelling to Lawn Hill in 2000. We requested an extra water tank to be fitted ( giving us 120 litres ) as well as some of their standard options. To date I have had to modify the water lines connecting these tanks as the first time that we used it, when it was parked on an incline the water in the rear tank siphoned into the front tank and overflowed out the breather on top of the tank eventually losing most of the water in the rear tank. Now I have a tap fitted in the filler tube between these two tanks, a tap on the suction line between the tanks and a tap isolating the plunger pump at the sink. As well on the first fill nearly every water fitting leaked which was annoying.
The up side is that it comfortably carries all of our personal gear and food for a family of four ( could sleep up to six people in the enclosed tent area if necessary ) and tows well behind our Patrol Wagon at highway speed.
If I was in the market for another camp trailer I would have no hesitation in considering purchasing another KANGA as I feel that they are only limited in their capability by the tow vehicle.
AnswerID: 5777

Follow Up By: Mal - Saturday, Aug 17, 2002 at 00:00

Saturday, Aug 17, 2002 at 00:00
thanks Chris for the info...I intend pulling a camper behind my 95 patrol wagon so thats good news about them towing well ....cheers and happy camping.....Mal
FollowupID: 2511

Sponsored Links