Battery Operated Lanterns

Submitted: Thursday, Apr 12, 2001 at 00:00
ThreadID: 178 Views:3092 Replies:3 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Are any of the Battery operated Lanterns worth Buying?
We at present use a gas lantern but were considering using a battery lantern on the
table at night when eating etc. rather than having the gas lantern on the table where it is close to
the tent wall.
The battery lanterns range from AA - D size batteries to rechargeable models, we were wondering
how many hours use do you get from these lanterns before replacement or recharging of the battery/batteries
is required.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: muppo - Thursday, Apr 12, 2001 at 00:00

Thursday, Apr 12, 2001 at 00:00
Robert I have a Coleman rechargeable lantern that charges on 240v and 12v the manual states up to 9hrs running time on one tube or 6hrs running on two tubes but I have had mine running up to 12 hrs on two tube its a great light, costs about $90
AnswerID: 347

Follow Up By: Ken - Sunday, Apr 15, 2001 at 00:00

Sunday, Apr 15, 2001 at 00:00
I have the same, and so does a friend. Its the best Ive seen. Good value, we reckon.
FollowupID: 70

Reply By: billy - Thursday, Apr 26, 2001 at 00:00

Thursday, Apr 26, 2001 at 00:00
i to have a coleman rechargeable twin tube lantern & i would never go back to gas.in the two years i have owned i have only recharged it fully on four occasions.i can recharge from the cigarette lighter or mains supply.the power failure function is brilliant as my grandparents have it ready every day,the best feature is the kids are very safe compared to gas.
AnswerID: 378

Reply By: Brian - Saturday, May 19, 2001 at 00:00

Saturday, May 19, 2001 at 00:00
Robert, I also use a rechargeable (12VDC/240VAC)electric lantern, and have found it great over the past 4 years. Whilst gas lights may be brighter, the twin tube neon is safe inside tents, reliable and energy efficient. I have not had to replace a tube in the time Ive had it, where as my friends with gas lights are forever replacing filaments when travelling over severe corregations. My best tip is buy a single tube 12 volt neon and hang it on the side of your vehicle next to the camp site and not on your table, that way the insects dont get mixed up with your dinner !
AnswerID: 505

Sponsored Links