Feroza Air Intake

Submitted: Saturday, Apr 14, 2001 at 00:00
ThreadID: 180 Views:4260 Replies:2 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
I was curious if anybody knows if youre able to fit a air intake snorkle to a Daihatsu Feroza?
Hope you can help.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Tim- Tuesday, Apr 17, 2001 at 00:00

Tuesday, Apr 17, 2001 at 00:00
Hey mate, email Mike on the below email. The bloke has modified a feroza to the max, he helped me with a dual battery system, no doubt he could help you.
mfhennessy@ozemail.com.au
Tim
AnswerID: 353

Reply By: Ian - Monday, Apr 30, 2001 at 00:00

Monday, Apr 30, 2001 at 00:00
Dean

I dont know if a pre-fab nylon snorkel is available for the Feroza, but you could get a custom made one made from varying steels, ie Stainless tube, mandrel bent and polished, with a Safari airram on top.

Or else, a aluminium tube one custom bent and finished in powder coat looks really good (from a V8 40 series with twin snorkels).

Basically the process is to modify the air cleaner to connect some flexible pipe (ie plastic flex hose or fat rubber hose like radiator hose) from it to the pipe, which may be bent into the outside of the guard or a rubber bend comes through the guard to the steel pipe outside, running along the panel and up the A pillar to the Safari Air ram (available separately).

To look good, this needs to be done by a skilled person and made dressy, ie stainless is very showy.

Ian.
AnswerID: 392

Sponsored Links