80 Series Suspension

Submitted: Friday, Aug 23, 2002 at 00:00
ThreadID: 1802 Views:1401 Replies:6 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
I have just recently replaced the front and rear springs on my 97 cruiser wagon due to them being badly sagged. I fitted Pedders Trak Rider springs and was told that they are 20mm longer than standard. Do I have to fit longer shocks or can I fit the standard length shock for this vehicle. I know some out there will cringe at the mention of Pedders, but I have been using their equipment on my vehicles for 15 years without any problems, and the cruiser seems to handle a lot better especially when loaded up. Can someone recommend a good brand of shocks that won't cost me a mint. I won't be doing any serious off roading (Gibb River rd, Cape York, etc) for a few years, mainly on road and beach work. The vehicle has a rear wheel carrier and bull bar fitted, and the only other bit of kit I am likely to fit will be a dual battery system.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Will - Friday, Aug 23, 2002 at 00:00

Friday, Aug 23, 2002 at 00:00
AnswerID: 5963

Reply By: troy - Friday, Aug 23, 2002 at 00:00

Friday, Aug 23, 2002 at 00:00

Will says Konis. Maybe he didnt read the "wont cost me a mint" bit. Even though they are not too much more expensive. If you are seperate to save a few dollars per shock, maybe even try tough dog foam cells. Havnt heard of any probs with them, and i used them for ages without a hitch. Personally am using Rancho's, but am mindful of your request to be cost conscious !

AnswerID: 5966

Reply By: Coops - Friday, Aug 23, 2002 at 00:00

Friday, Aug 23, 2002 at 00:00
Gotta agree with Troy & Will as I run Rancho's but Koni's were my second choice.
Quick question ; If you're gonna purchase a car as good and expensive as an 80 series then why not spend the extra $ on decent shocks? Economics aside of course!
I'm not being critical so please don't be offended but you will benefit with the extra quality.
AnswerID: 5976

Reply By: Goran - Friday, Aug 23, 2002 at 00:00

Friday, Aug 23, 2002 at 00:00
Stan,if you looking for decent and good value for your money shock absorber go for Monroe Magnums. They are of very reasonable price and will perform very good. I run OME nitrochargers and couldn't be happier. Bloke i know runs Magnums on his hilux and swears by them.I am not sure what is the price difference but remember, in the end you will get what you pay for. I wouldn't have anything other than OME and Rancho.
AnswerID: 5978

Reply By: Stephen Mills - Saturday, Aug 24, 2002 at 00:00

Saturday, Aug 24, 2002 at 00:00
Konis ! Steve
AnswerID: 6004

Reply By: Willo - Monday, Aug 26, 2002 at 00:00

Monday, Aug 26, 2002 at 00:00
Try a shock called cross country. I was tod by the dealer that they are made by gabriel. I have used them on a 75 series and they are great. Very reasonable price at around $85 a shock.
AnswerID: 6039

Sponsored Links

Popular Products (11)